is Rossi still shipping leverguns?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: is Rossi still shipping leverguns?

Post by GasGuzzler »

I passed on the very .357 old model SRC92 I now own in about 2013 because there was no way (back then) I'd pay the $350 asking price for a Rossi. It cost more to actually own it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I am looking for a Rossi .357 or 44 with the octagon barrel. I have two Marlins, one a JM and the other a Remlin. Both are equal quality and both shoot very well. I like them both.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

jstanfield103 wrote:I am looking for a Rossi .357 or 44 with the octagon barrel. I have two Marlins, one a JM and the other a Remlin. Both are equal quality and both shoot very well. I like them both.
Ive a 44 octagon 24" Rossi M92 made in 2013 for sale if youd like. Drop me a line
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Accadacca

Post by Accadacca »

I just ran across a thread on another form from January or February, indicating that Rossi has discontinued several models of the 92, particularly in 357. Most noteworthy to me are the 16 and 20 inch carbines, which I had always been under the impression were very good sellers. The website seems to reflect this as well. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change? I've been dragging my feet on getting a 16 inch-er for a while and now it seems I may have missed the bus.
"... in this present crisis, government is not the solution to the problem: government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Thats not true. The 357 M92s arent available because theyre the most popular, im very willing to bet. Theyre listed in the Rossi 2017 catalog and already in galleryofguns (for example) under the new model numbers

By all accounts they should be shipping within the next few months
No thin chicks
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Yea 357 the most popular of the 92 guns. Look at the pole we ran above its obvious just within our forum. +guns
Here's the thread.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Accadacca

Post by Accadacca »

akuser47 wrote:Yea 357 the most popular of the 92 guns. Look at the pole we ran above its obvious just within our forum. +guns
Here's the thread.
Yes, I have seen that many times, and it received more votes than the next two most popular chamberings, specifically 44 magnum and 45 Colt, combined. Which is a little bit surprising because there seems to be an awful lot of "literature" about the 45 Colt in lever actions. By literature I mean content on various forums, YouTube videos et cetera. It seems like everyone TALKS about the 45 Colt but everyone WANTS a 357.

In fact I myself have two 357 carbines, a 357 rifle, and a 45 carbine which I never shoot. It's an old interarms specimen and cycling the lever is like grinding coffee. Or maybe cranking an ice cream maker. I'm too lazy to take it apart and try to clean it up.
"... in this present crisis, government is not the solution to the problem: government IS the problem." Ronald Reagan
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Accadacca wrote:
akuser47 wrote:Yea 357 the most popular of the 92 guns. Look at the pole we ran above its obvious just within our forum. +guns
Here's the thread.
Yes, I have seen that many times, and it received more votes than the next two most popular chamberings, specifically 44 magnum and 45 Colt, combined. Which is a little bit surprising because there seems to be an awful lot of "literature" about the 45 Colt in lever actions. By literature I mean content on various forums, YouTube videos et cetera. It seems like everyone TALKS about the 45 Colt but everyone WANTS a 357.

In fact I myself have two 357 carbines, a 357 rifle, and a 45 carbine which I never shoot. It's an old interarms specimen and cycling the lever is like grinding coffee. Or maybe cranking an ice cream maker. I'm too lazy to take it apart and try to clean it up.
Do you feel that if you had gotten a better 45 outta tge box youd like and shoot it more?

In anycase i could find and buy a Rossi 44 or 45 right now NIB in minutes but when i was looking for my 357 20" and my wifes Trapper man, it was a mission. Digging through the internet page after page until finally i found them NIB and in stock. That search alone made it clear to me theyre the most popular

I think some of your confusion lay with Rossi discontinuing all their octagons in 20 and 24" versions, but ad mentioned previously the 16 and 30" round barrels are selling strong

Tou mentioned you had other 357s, would this be your first Rossi?
No thin chicks
Accadacca

Post by Accadacca »

I don't want to keep hijacking this guy's thread, so:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5741