M92 magazine tube problem

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Wild Turkey

M92 magazine tube problem

Post by Wild Turkey »

Had my M92 in 44 mag out for the first time this weekend. All went well until I went to put it away and noticed the magazine tube had slid out past barrel. anyone had this problem? Is it something I cannot fix at home?

Attached is a picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wild Turkey on 13 Jun 2017 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: M92 magazine tube problem

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't see the picture but it is not that uncommon of an issue. What holds all this in place on the round barrel rifles is the Magazine Plug Screw.
magazine_plug&screw.jpg
The screw passes through the Magazine Plug and is actually a pin that seats into a dimple at the 6 o'clock position of the barrel. Has this screw come loose or is it missing?

The Magazine Ring & Screw (forward barrel band) and the Forearm Tip & Screw (forearm band) also provide a bit of tube security along with the forearm's wood that surrounds the tube. This first mentioned is primary for security.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
nvbirdman

Post by nvbirdman »

The screw is probably just loose. If it was missing, the magazine plug would have gone flying.
rufrdr

Post by rufrdr »

I realized my .357 has been having the same problem.

I started having feeding problems and than realized that the forearm was sliding forward. Most recently I realized that the forearm and tube had slid forward. I don't see how that can be since the cross screws fit through very crudely cut grooves in the barrel and should hold the tube in place but obviously not.

Mine moved about a 1/4 inch. I took it all apart, V filed the two grooves, cleaned everything and put it all back together. Time will tell for me if it is all going to stay put or not.