M92 44 mag Info

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Wild Turkey

M92 44 mag Info

Post by Wild Turkey »

I recently purchased a used M92 from my local gun shop. I have tried to find out the date it was manufactured using the serial number on the Rossi website but it came up blank. Can anyone help with an approximate date?
Also there is "Ruko of Canada" stamped on it. Does this mean it was manufactured in Canada or just imported by ruko?

The serial number is M005316

Thanks +guns
GasGuzzler

Re: M92 44 mag Info

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's too old to be dated properly. Rossi/Taurus/whomever owns them now only cares about current production. I'm betting the front sight is on the barrel band and it has no safety.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Wild Turkey

Post by Wild Turkey »

You're right on both accounts. It also has the puma emblem on the left side. Any ball park idea on age?
Are the older model more or less desirable?
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Most people with an old model prefer them.....most people with a new model have no preference or prefer the new models from what I've seen. I'm guessing mid to late 1980's. Take the wood off and look for a Julian date type numeric sequence. All the major metal parts will be stamped in my experience.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.