Reproduction 92 front sight?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Droopybassets2

Reproduction 92 front sight?

Post by Droopybassets2 »

Evening',

So after a year or so, I'm nearly done. I have a 357 20" blued carbine. Swapped the safety with a plug, swapped the plastic follower with steel, and swapped the semi buckhorn with the appropriate repro carbine ladder sight.

Tomorrow a repro saddle ring for a post-64 Winchester 94 along with the proper drill bit/tap will arrive. I know, a staple is correct, but I'm not set up to do that and I dislike the rings that replace screws. Every Rossi is still a replica at the end of the day so it doesn't need to be perfect.

That leaves me with the one last obstacle - the front sight. Close enough from 5 feet is the goal, and the front sight is no where near close enough. Does anybody make a dovetail reproduction of the 1892/1894 front sight? I know the originals were either soldered onto the barrel behind the front band, or part of the band itself but a square raised dovetail base with the pinned blade that mimics the original setup would be the bees knees.

If there is no such thing, does anybody know where/who to contact about possibly having one made? Thanks in advance.
GasGuzzler

Re: Reproduction 92 front sight?

Post by GasGuzzler »

You'll have many options. Mine is old so its only downfall is front sight on band.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Droopybassets2

Post by Droopybassets2 »

I can find the typical marbles/Lyman dovetail front sights just fine but imho they just don't look right. I'm looking for a front sight similar the one mentioned here -

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... 3&start=20

They aren't being sold on that site anymore so I don't even know who made them.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Get one of these. File to shape, drill a hole and add a pin.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Droopybassets2

Post by Droopybassets2 »

Beautiful! Thank you very much.