OLD NIB 45LC SS PUMA

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
echo89

OLD NIB 45LC SS PUMA

Post by echo89 »

Hi, new member to the forum, with some questions on a new 92 I just received.

It's a 16" SS, with a larger loop, still NIB, and the last owner thinks he picked it up at least 30 years ago. The box and paperwork are marked Interarms, Rossi and Puma. Most curious is the SN, which is LL4XXOF500. There's no reliable source of SN/dates that I can find, and I've searched this and other places to find that's normal.

Questions are:
- Is this safe with +P? I got it as a companion to my Blackhawk, which has some pet loads that are a little hot.
- Can Rossi or any other place supply a standard lever? (Not a large loop fan)
- Will that lever, or any other newly manufactured part, fit this carbine without a struggle?

Thanks for all the other info y'all have provided over the years. This is the place that talked me into a 44 Mag 92, which I absolutely love, as well as a couple other Rossi's.

EC
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: OLD NIB 45LC SS PUMA

Post by akuser47 »

Your 45 1892 should handle any published load in .45 lc out there. Parts are not bolt on compatible with almost any make of 1892. The levers in most cases need some adjustment to fit or work correctly. Once you have 5 posts use our classifieds and post a wanted to trade by caliber and steel. See if fellow member has what you want in trade, also Welcome, and keep us posted +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
echo89

Post by echo89 »

Thank you, and that makes two posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

echo89 wrote:Questions are:
- Is this safe with +P? I got it as a companion to my Blackhawk, which has some pet loads that are a little hot.
- Can Rossi or any other place supply a standard lever? (Not a large loop fan)
- Will that lever, or any other newly manufactured part, fit this carbine without a struggle?

Thanks for all the other info y'all have provided over the years. This is the place that talked me into a 44 Mag 92, which I absolutely love, as well as a couple other Rossi's.
Welcome to the forum!
  • Your Rossi will be able to handle loads as hot if not hotter than your Blackhawk.
  • Find a serial number from a Braztech manufactured rifle that matches your rifle's configuration or Rossi isn't going to be of any help with parts.
    • Some Forum members have bought levers from Rossi or traded lever among members here, with little issues of fit. I've seen them sold on eBay as well.
    • Parts for any Rossi are tough to obtain, they run hot and cold, but the are impossible to obtain without a Braztech serial number. I've found those numbers through the images on Gunbroker.
Michael
echo89

Post by echo89 »

Thank you. I figured as much about the loading, but having seen two assumptions gone wrong at the range, it'd be better to ask. Also thanks for the advice on obtaining a part.

EC
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I have always wanted a big loop for my Rossi SS 92. I would trade you if they work, but I am very nervous about a new member on any site. I don't want to loose a part then have to try and find another one that would be very hard to find in the first place.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

If you would like, I could be the handler. Both of you guys send them to me. Once they are both in hand, I will forward them. The individual lever fit would be on you guys.
Michael
echo89

Post by echo89 »

jstanfield103 and Ranch Dog, I appreciate your offer and concern. I don't want to trade levers just yet. I also would be concerned that the new lever might not work. I am fairly handy, but am no professional smith, and would hate to leave either (or both!) of us hanging. I am going to research a purchase, but I'll keep your offer in mind.
EC
echo89

Post by echo89 »

Lever ordered today from BRAZTECH, 90.00 with shipping. I'm sure I'll be back asking further questions. Thanks for the advice so far.

EC
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Sweet keep us posted +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!