Used 44 Octagon -- Trials & Tribulations

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Used 44 Octagon -- Trials & Tribulations

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Regarding the crescent buttstock, have you considered the rifle-more-across-the-body, butt-between-bicep-and-shoulder stance? It seems to work well with the carbine.

What's the root of your dislike for the 24 inch barrel?
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

HarryAlonzo wrote:Regarding the crescent buttstock, have you considered the rifle-more-across-the-body, butt-between-bicep-and-shoulder stance? It seems to work well with the carbine.

What's the root of your dislike for the 24 inch barrel?
I read about that stance/hold and i didnt try it, will next time to take wifey to shoot it. Even if it helps alot, im not sure i like the idea of changing my muscle-memory and shooting stance to accommodate one gun. The reason i still want a 357 in octagon despite the crescent stock is that even loaded hot i wont be getting 44-like recoil out of a 357

Regarding the 24" barrel, im 5'4. My short arms and the long heavy octagon was giving me alot of muzzle droop and fatigue after shooting a whole box of 50 rounds.

In the 'baby big bore' project im cooking up im thinking either 44 or 45 in a Trapper size using a 454 padded stock. Details to come
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

So a couple days ago i decided to list this gun for sale online and so far so good! Have it on GunBroker in the middle of a bidding war between a few buyers and i still have 4+ days left :D Gonna recapitalize that money into my camp revolver mentioned in another thread. Cant wait!

As for the gun it was nice to have and a great experience. I def dont regret buying it but im looking forward to getting it in the hands of someone who can appreciate it more than i cared to.

UPDATE: and its shipped! Got $50 profit after shipping -- not great but ill take it. Thanks to all for everyones input in the thread. It was fun :D
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")