.44 mag 300 gr Cast bullet load request

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
outsidebear

.44 mag 300 gr Cast bullet load request

Post by outsidebear »

My favorite Montana bullet caster dropped off a box of TLC432-300-RF 44 Caliber (.432) - 480 bullets!!
Have been scouting around the various load data sites for loads, and have come up with most using H-110, which is fine, have a supply on hand.
Shall begin with 19.0 grs of H-110, carefully work upwards. For use in Rossi 16" Trapper & 20" carbine.
I did go to the RD outdoors web site for loading data, but when clicking on the 300 gr for .44 mag, it comes up with an error reading. Darn. Yes, I have looked around at older Posts in our Rossi site here.
Accuracy in a hunting load is the goal here, velocity is secondary (though if get both, that's good), seeing as how a 300 gr .44 cast bullet will pretty much go through a Kenworth sideways!!
Might I inquire herein with folks using this 300 gr RD bullet what loads you have found to work well in your M92's?
My appreciation with your time, thank you...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .44 mag 300 gr Cast bullet load request

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been reformatting my stuff and moving it for a couple of years, but time to do this always seems limited. Here is the 432-300 Stuff

http://ranchdogoutdoors.com/data/RDO/40 ... dNotes.pdf
Michael
outsidebear

Re: .44 mag 300 gr Cast bullet load request

Post by outsidebear »

Much appreciated, thank you.
Have 20 rounds loaded with 19.0 grs H-110, for the 16" Trapper M92.
Will see how that performs? Then me and my shoulder will discuss the results!!
Again, not out to win any race with regards to velocity. An accurate load is what I am seeking.

Would still like to hear from folks in the Forum here about their use of this bullet and loads they use.
best of regards to all...