Road trip for a carbine

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
pistolcalrookie

Road trip for a carbine

Post by pistolcalrookie »

Hello Blokes.
I not posted for a few years but looking in occasionally and enjoying the site, great that it is inhabited by adults.

I have had a 20" SS .357 rifle for a few years now and that runs exceptionally well after tuning ex information here and also bits and pieces from such pleasant folk as the Smith Shop and Skinner sights.
Dealers here in Australia are by and large a disinterested lot, a by-product of restrictive firearms laws.

Six weeks back I put down a substantial deposit on a new 16" blued gun, got absolutely pi$$ed around and two weeks later that the gun was now on backorder until God knows when.

trawling the net I came upon a low mileage rifle with several hundred rds of reloads and a set of Hornady carbide dies at significantly less cost than a new rifle, the ammo only included if rifle collected as shipping ammo is a PITA at best and illegal maybe.

Small issue was that the gun was in Dubbo and I am near 600 miles away in Melbourne.

Always up for a road trip [full use of a company Nissan Navarra in my contract] I contacted the owner, organised leave and went and bought the thing.

Great journey, you blokes should google it, up the Newell Hwy through some great country listening to Hicksville radio reporting cattle sales and such.

Stopped at a pub on Tuesday night and drank some beer with farmers, managed there and back without having Skippy do a Kamikaze on the Nissan.

Best part is the gun is cherry, almost a blast from the past with stiff action and mag spring etc, it feeds both .357 and .38, looking forward to installing Smith Shop bits when they arrive.

A great stress relieving adventure with a purpose :)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Road trip for a carbine

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nothing like a road trip! Especially, when it is to buy a new firearm!
Michael
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

Sounds like a great road trip.
Are you going to post pics?
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Love it when a plan comes together. :D
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, keep us posed +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
North Idaho Shooter

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

Road trips for guns are ALWAYS fun!!!! Glad you got a good one! Enjoy!