M92 - where are they

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Levergn01

M92 - where are they

Post by Levergn01 »

Howdy all,

This is my first post. Ive been looking at lever actions for quite awhile. What I am wondering, this may have been discussed already, I hardly see any listed for sale anywhere. Only a year ago, i saw them locally, listed on dealer sites and auction sites. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Ive heard different stories from they havent got their new tooling going at the new factory, to they were banned from sales because the company was selling arms to prohited countries. Ive even contacted the company, and was told they couldnt give me a time line on new shipments. Then I read they were contracted to produce products for Taylors and others. One would think with the popularity of cass that they would be ramping things up to meet customer demand. Thanks in advance.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: M92 - where are they

Post by akuser47 »

It's nothing new Rossi 1892 rifles are like the tide not there when you want or need it. Give it time shipments will come back in. This topic comes up e er so often. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Levergn01

Post by Levergn01 »

Oh ok. Thank you for your response. Guess i hadnt been looking at them as long as others have, so i probably started seeing them at a point when shipments had come in. Missed a few of the color case hardened models, and they seem to be harder to find.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It can be hard to find the right price for the right model at times. If you go to buds and gunbroker you can setup alerts that will tell you through email if what you want gets listed for sale. Just an idea. Watch the E&E in other forums and here as well I have seen a few fir sale on a certain black rifle forum as well. Follow the prebuy checklist for whatever you buy and for online buys look for an inspection period it should be listed, so your not stuck with a lemon. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

I've been able to purchase 3 Rossis of very popular types when they were sold out and unavailable within months of each other

How? Hours of exhausting google searches amd phone calls and leaving messages and emailing and, well you get it. Each time i found one to buy it was from a very obscure site gor a small local store that doesnt do much business online and often doesnt update their inventory

Often ill call and theyll say nope, sorry that wrbsite isnt up to date. One time a guy told me he got out of the business months ago, a few times i got so close they had them but sold at a gun show just the week before but with perseverance i found my 16" and 20" 92s and my Ranch Hand

Tips: search atleast three times, once using the description (eg rossi 357 20 octagon), again using the model number (eg r92 56001) and a final time using the UPC which works the best for me. Also if you see one site using Gearfire system that dorsnt have it then none of them do. Dont bother calling for availability, they wont have it

And unless i missed it, which model you hunting for? 45s are easiest to find, 357 most difficult
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Levergn01

Post by Levergn01 »

Thank you for the tip. The two models in interested in are the .357 & .44 mag both in 20" octagon bbl with color case hardened receiver, i'd take blue if absolutely necessary. I to was in hours of buying the .44 twice had it in my shopping basket. Then the same with a boued .357 with 24" oct bbl.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

FWIW - I was told by the importer that it appears the octagonal barreled models were discontinued. Don't know it for fact, just what I was told. I wanted the blued 24" octagonal rifle in .45 Colt, had to settle for the stainless version, but it's been a honey. I'm almost scared to slick it up, might hurt myself if it worked any better.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rondog wrote:FWIW - I was told by the importer that it appears the octagonal barreled models were discontinued. Don't know it for fact, just what I was told. I wanted the blued 24" octagonal rifle in .45 Colt, had to settle for the stainless version, but it's been a honey. I'm almost scared to slick it up, might hurt myself if it worked any better.
The catalog supports that. No 24" octagonal barrel rifles listed in the specs.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I love the looks of the octagonals and I'm a long barreled fan but when I finally got to handle them I hesitated to drop the change on them.

I did get a Stainless off a buddy who didn't find it comfortable to shoot and it's a peach but I don't know as I'd go there if I could have only 1. The 20" is quite a bit handier.
3Horse

Post by 3Horse »

I have a 24" in .45LC. (which my wife took over) Comfortable to shoot, but the extra 4" makes it a bit unwieldy. My next one will be a 20"