M92 - where are they

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Conman

Re: M92 - where are they

Post by Conman »

There are three on gunbroker now.
Number10GI

Post by Number10GI »

I just checked Rossi's web site and they still list all the 92s being available in 20" and 24" octagonal barrels. Also just checked Bud's and they have .45 colt in 16" round barrels and .44 mag in stock with 20" round barrels. Unfortunately none in .38/.357. Keep watching gunbroker.com, the .357 does pop up occasionally however the prices tend on the high side but that is to be expected when demand exceeds supply.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Number10GI wrote:I just checked Rossi's web site and they still list all the 92s being available in 20" and 24" octagonal barrels.
Rossi's website is not up to date with their 2017 catalog.
Michael
Levergn01

Post by Levergn01 »

Thats unfortunate, guess its going to be Uberti/Taylor/ or Marlin if they ever get their act together. Kick myself cuz i passed up three different opportunities in the past year to but the color case model for $400ish.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Levergn01 wrote:Thats unfortunate, guess its going to be Uberti/Taylor/ or Marlin if they ever get their act together. Kick myself cuz i passed up three different opportunities in the past year to but the color case model for $400ish.
I might have bit on that price in a .357 case hardened or stainless.
OH&KY

Post by OH&KY »

Been shopping for a 20" round 357 for almost a year. ( I don't like to order something I can't see.) Saw one at Basspro two weeks ago (blue not SS). Went home and wrestled over it in my mind. Went back an hour later and purchased it. BP would not even let me cycle it once.
Took it to the range after cycling it several hundred times at home. I had no problems at all!
I've been looking at $1200 lever actions, because of the poor reviews on Rossi 92. All I can say is baloney. My new R92 seems great!
Fit and finish is quite good. Not perfect, but quit good. I can shoot it without worrying I'm going to scratch it or something. I could not have said that with a $1200 Uberti or Winchester.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

They are great tools for hunting or leasure no doubt. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

OH&KY wrote:Been shopping for a 20" round 357 for almost a year. ( I don't like to order something I can't see.) Saw one at Basspro two weeks ago (blue not SS). Went home and wrestled over it in my mind. Went back an hour later and purchased it. BP would not even let me cycle it once.
Took it to the range after cycling it several hundred times at home. I had no problems at all!
I've been looking at $1200 lever actions, because of the poor reviews on Rossi 92. All I can say is baloney. My new R92 seems great!
Fit and finish is quite good. Not perfect, but quit good. I can shoot it without worrying I'm going to scratch it or something. I could not have said that with a $1200 Uberti or Winchester.
Very interesting, did you look up the serial and see when it was manufactured? A new Rossi on a retail shelf gives me hope that Taurus is actually doing something down there and we should be seeing new stock shortly
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
RickinVA

Post by RickinVA »

Also looking for a 20", blue .357. Have "chatted" with Rossi twice and got no information. Tried calling and never got anyone to pick up the phone. I know there are a few out there if you have the time to search and will pay the higher prices, but I'll be waiting for them to show up at Bud's. Just be nice to know why there are none around. When will corporations learn to be honest. I don't mind being patient, but it's insulting to be blown off by a company that wants to sell products, or so I assume. Just venting. Thanks.
slab

Post by slab »

RickinVA wrote:Also looking for a 20", blue .357. Have "chatted" with Rossi twice and got no information. Tried calling and never got anyone to pick up the phone. I know there are a few out there if you have the time to search and will pay the higher prices, but I'll be waiting for them to show up at Bud's. Just be nice to know why there are none around. When will corporations learn to be honest. I don't mind being patient, but it's insulting to be blown off by a company that wants to sell products, or so I assume. Just venting. Thanks.
I have an almost new 20" blue .357. It's a couple years old but I've only used it twice (won it at a charity clay shoot raffle). I'm in WV just south of Morgantown if you get over this way.