Rossi 92 scout

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
claudester

Rossi 92 scout

Post by claudester »

I've seen a couple of web sites that guys have what they call a Rossi 92 scout. Well I found one online and bought it in .45 colt. Where these factory made guns and if so when were they made. I looked all around and didn't find any history on them. Here's a picture of the gun.

Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 scout

Post by Archer »

Factory gun if I'm not mistaken.
They produced them a few years ago but I think dropped them from the catalog.
As shown it is essentially a SRC (Saddle Ring Carbine) with a raised comb to help line up a bit better with the scope rail. I don't know if these guns came from the factory with the rear sight wrapped in paper in the box or not. (Quite a few folks will miss the scope rail in the SRC since it's typically just wrapped in brown paper and they either find it in the box after the fact or they end up tossing it out as packing material.)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92 scout

Post by Ranch Dog »

They where offered in 357 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt; I have all three. Archer hit the high points. They where the -002 models (XXXXX-002).
Michael