Rossi M92 vs HK MP5 Sub Machine-gun!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
CZDiesel

Rossi M92 vs HK MP5 Sub Machine-gun!

Post by CZDiesel »

Hello all! First post here... I recently for a mint condition Interarms M92 in 44Mag. It looks to have only been handled and never shot? The load gate has zero wear and neither does any of the internals with no brass or lead to be found in it. Putting a bore mop down it I could not pick up any powder residue or lead.
The stock is nice fit and finished with both the fore-arm and the butt-stock being nicely fit to the action and the butt plate. The wood has a couple of handling nicks but is really nicely figured with some nice straight grain in the fore-arm and long straight tiger like graining in the butt-stock. It's stained in a dark tobacco, not sure about the stain? It looks kinda 1890s period but I think it could be re-stained to really show the fantastic figuring of the wood! I'm guessing it's a Brazilian Walnut but whatever it is its nice.
The bluing is equally nice in a deep rich blue, kinda like the old charcoal bluing that was nice and deep but not too bright. It has not a scratch on it!
The action is super tight and crisp! Has a really tight lock-up and a nice crisp snap when it locks. The trigger is smooth and breaks clean. I'm sure it could be improved but I'm sure just putting rounds down range will cure that.
The only complaint and its not a huge one but the lever loop is pretty sharp with the edges and could stand to be rounded off a little?
I've only had it to the range once and they only had a 25 yard lane open so 25 yard test and break in it was! It shoot amazingly well! One ragged hole with 11 shots of Remington UMC 180gr loads. A load I like to call the "Shock and Awe" load as its a handful!!!
After that shooting a full auto HK MP5 was putting most shots in the 9 ring which was equally impressive but truth be told?!?!?! I had a lot more fun shoot the M92! ROSSI FOR THE WIN!
And I'm pretty sure I could bring the M92 to bare just as fast and with just one 44Mag on target I'm thinking that's all it would take in any circumstance! ROSSI FOR THE WIN again!
I've owned Winchester 94s in 44Mag but I have never liked them even nearly as close as I like this little Rossi M92 20" Carbine! She's a keeper!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CZDiesel

Re: Rossi M92 vs HK MP5 Sub Machine-gun!

Post by CZDiesel »

M92-6.jpg
Few more shots...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

You got yourself one of the oldies but goodies. Congrats.

No safety, dark wood, front sight made onto band, NO PLASTIC PARTS, better rear sight.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank your for the report and welcome to the forum!
Michael
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

A leather wrap on your lever will cure your sharp edges !
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice find,your stock set looks like it has some amazing grain hope you share your after pictures if you refinish it. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Nice looking rifle.
I tend to run 240 grains for general plinking and whatnot. Nothing wrong with 180s though.
CZDiesel

Post by CZDiesel »

I agree with you Archer. I normally run 240gr loads but picked up the Remington UMC 180gr loads thinking they would be a light load for plinking and general use. That was a mis-step as I found out the UMC 180gr'ers are loaded to max pressure and kick as hard, actually harder, than the 300gr loads I have from both Corbon and Privi lol Anyway, its fun watching the enormous fireball they show off!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I once was given some of the Remington HOT loads that were put out early in the .44 Mag's history.
One of my buds had a 4" Smith 29 that was noted for kicking a mite that they were shout out of and it was impressive both in terms of kick and fireball.

I got my .44 rifles some time later and so far all my .44 Mag revolvers are 6" versions. So far I haven't come up on a 4" or 5" that is selling for a price I want to pay.