Rossi 92 12 inch barrel

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi 92 12 inch barrel

Post by Centaur 1 »

akuser47 wrote:Just go to a metal finishing shop have them use a blaster with walnut or conventional media to cause the stainless to be a matte stainless. Problem solved remove ur wood n buttstock it should fit into most shops blast cabinet. Just brain storming. Be sure to seal your barrel at chamber and muzzle if u do this.
Foam earplugs work great for sealing the barrel. Don't forget to put one in the chamber as well as the muzzle. Do this before bead blasting or Cerracote. A few months back I had someone bring a new AR-15 to the range where I work. He really wanted his rifle to be olive drab, so he took his brand new, never fired rifle over to a friends house, where they each cerracoted a rifle. When this poor guy fired the first round, the rifle locked up tighter than a drum. It turned out that he never plugged the chamber before painting the rifle. He had enough over-spray in the chamber that it wouldn't release the fired case.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

kingstrider wrote:Still waiting on the stamp but threaded it for use with a can in the interim.
I may be taking this string sideways, but . . .

What caliber? What thread size? How did you deal with the front sight and the magazine tube? Is it quiet? Thanks!
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

HarryAlonzo wrote:
kingstrider wrote:Still waiting on the stamp but threaded it for use with a can in the interim.
I may be taking this string sideways, but . . .

What caliber? What thread size? How did you deal with the front sight and the magazine tube? Is it quiet? Thanks!
I posted a separate thread about it here:
http://rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5606
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

When I was in NZ a few months ago, I was looking at setting up to do DuraCoat, so I know that prices are high and availability is limited there, so you might have to have it special ordered, but I would recommend DuraBlue.

It is a coating, that when applied correctly in many very light layers looks like a very high-quality blueing. Works very well over stainless.

I have some photos of it on leverguns, but not posted anywhere because they were submitted to a magazine for an article that hasn't been published yet.

Here are some photos of it on a K31:

If you use DuraNitre blue over stainless steel on the screws and small parts, (prepping with a wire brush) it will look outstanding. I'll dig up some photos and post later.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks good 7.62, I remember when durablue came out. I was curious how well it worked. Looks good.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

DuraNitre on a 1911 controls. This was not stainless, and it pops way better on stainless:

DuraBlue on a Winchester 94:
7.62 Precision

Post by 7.62 Precision »

akuser47 wrote:Looks good 7.62, I remember when durablue came out. I was curious how well it worked. Looks good.
I was also curious to the point of being very skeptical, but having applied it on a number of firearms, I am definitely impressed now.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

A fix for all those Ruger SR1911s out there....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:A fix for all those Ruger SR1911s out there....
Buddy of mine had his slide cerakoted. If it'd been original I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat but with it blackened in what I considered a less than perfect application I passed. I could go for the above treatment I think but I'll bet application and experience are KEY to getting a good appearance.