Rossi 92 Availability

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Number10GI

Rossi 92 Availability

Post by Number10GI »

I've read some posts from people trying to find a Rossi 92. Today I was in the Franklin Gun Shop in Franklin, TN and they had 6 of them in their racks. 5 were stainless steel and one was blued. There was a stainless and a blued .454 with 20" barrels. There was a stainless .38/.357 with a 16" barrel and a couple of .45 colt rifles with 20" barrels. They wanted $750 for the stainless .454 and the rest were at $650 if I remember correctly. The prices are a bit high but Franklin, TN is where most of the rich folks live in the greater Nashville area. Consequently their prices reflect the clientele they serve. This is also a very, very well stocked gun shop, they advertise they have 6,000 guns on hand. The individual I spoke with said that they would ship a rifle to an FFL for an out of state buyer and if you lived close enough to make the trip you could purchase it there even if an out of state resident. After thinking about it I'm pretty sure there was a .44mag with a 20" barrel also.

The phone number is : 615-599-5562

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this gun shop in any manner. I have only purchased one firearm from them because I could only find that rifle there and because of the prices. Great place to put your hands on something you read about and see if you like it.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 Availability

Post by GRV01 »

Damn, still looking for a 357 blued 16". Im going to cerakote them all ventually so i guess i *could* get a SS but id feel silly doing that to a stainless one :( the search continues
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Silver Beagle

Post by Silver Beagle »

those will be the last ones they have. all the dealeers have zero or very little.
Bisleyblackhawk .45

Post by Bisleyblackhawk .45 »

Bud's is still showing .44 mag and .45 Colt in both blue and stainless...some with 16" and 20" barrels...no other calibers :cry: ...you might want to check them out...the no shipping charges and no sales tax is a plus.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/ind ... 385/Rossi/
"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

Wow those prices are waaay out of line!!!
Retired New Jersey Police Sergeant
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

juliano191 wrote:Wow those prices are waaay out of line!!!
Supply and demand. Maybe the prices changed over night? Don't look that bad to me. I looked for over two years for my .357 and it's old.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

juliano191 wrote:Wow those prices are waaay out of line!!!
In that Bud's price includes shipping, they look good to me. In fact, they are near identical to the few Rossi's I've seen in the few stores in the area. If you are using a Bud's "Preferred Dealer" for the transfer, usually the fee has been reduced. Transfer fees in my area are cheap to begin with, $20 to $25, which is cheaper than paying the State sales tax on an in-store gun ($6.25 to $8.25 per $100 depending on where you live in the State).
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Kalifornia gets you going and coming.
Use tax is collected in lieu of sales tax and at the same rate for items imported for use in the state.
You are supposed to self report on your state tax form any amount of use tax that you owe.
Since firearms (and automobiles) require state registration and since firearms must be transferred through a licensed dealer the state makes the FFL dealer collect the tax based on 1) any enclosed invoice or 2) declared value. So far as I know the state hasn't started trying to go through the Blue Book and use assessed value for firearms. I assume that with the exception of Amazon, ebay and other large etailers the only use/sales tax the state actually collects is firearms and automobile plus a small number of super honest folks.

Individual gunshop fees vary from $25 + $5 to $25 for each additional firearm (NOT including state registration fees at $25 or $35 depending on the type of transfer to $100 including state registration but not including use tax.)

In addition you typically MUST have a lock either included with the gun or you must purchase a firearm safety device (lock) at the time of delivery/sale or you must provide a receipt for a FSD/lock dated within the last 30 days. (State will accept an affidavit that you own a safe with capacity or the lock but the Feds have said they don't believe in the affidavit.) Basically another $10 tax if the gun doesn't come with a factory lock that the state DoJ approves.

Then there's the FSC (Firearm Safety Certificate) which is basically passing a DMV written test only for firearms. That's another $25 for a slip of paper that's good for 5 years and is only required during the purchasing process.

PLUS you must demonstrate safe handling of the firearm in question with a dummy round.
For handguns you must provide a second confirmation of residential address in your name.
There is a 10 day waiting period on all transfers that go through a shop which are ALL legal non-familial transfers.

All in all it typically takes 30-50 minutes to fill out the paperwork on the purchase visit and another 15 to 30 minutes to reaffirm and fill out forms on the pick up visit 10 days later.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Wow, I'm glad we don't have those headaches in Ohio.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GSB4243

Post by GSB4243 »

Amen....