Help identifying this damage(?)

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: Help identifying this damage(?)

Post by GasGuzzler »

That's why I like 110/296 and hate Unique.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

I have not tried a ton of different brands. But I have to say I Love Unique also. Just hate measuring it. Kind of inconsistent in Dillon press.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

H110 / Win 296 for full power magnum virgin brass loads. (and possibly for 30 Carbine.)

2400 for warm loads in magnum caliber handgun cartridges. Still thumps good 90+% of the velocity at 80% of the pressure of the H110 loads and less risk of 'do not reduce charge!' problems warned of in every manual I've seen.

Unique for standard handgun self defense calibers and medium power loads in the magnum handgun calibers. IF Unique metered better in the Dillon slide style measures it'd be darned near perfect. I don't mind a little bit of powder residue, that's just part of shooting.

Power Pistol for .38 Special for anti-Goblin HP loads. Another 100 FPS at the same pressures as most other powder choices.

Bullseye and Win 231 when you've got it for plinking SD calibers. Not a huge fan of it but when it's what you can get or what your bud gifts you it goes bang.
North Idaho Shooter

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

Ranch Dog wrote:Next thing I would do is mark the 12 o'clock position on a cartridge and shoot it. Then I would measure the diameter of this area across the 6 & 12 with a caliper and then again at the 3 & 9 positions. Personally, I don't think it is going to be a big deal. I will do and consider anything to prevent returning the rifle to Rossi. More often than not, your rifle will be returned in worse shape than when you sent it.

Or as in my case, They will send it back with absolutely NOTHING done to it all--after having for nearly 3 months.