Questions for the pros

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Questions for the pros

Post by Steelbanger »

OK Fellows,

Over the coming weekend I may get to visit a new to me gunshop about 1.5 hours from my home. I see where they're advertising some BZT M92 rifles and I assume these are Rossi's. Is that correct?

Now for the prices. A new blue 38/357, 20" for $410. and a 22" octagon SS M92 for $485. Are these prices in the ballpark? I am mostly interested in the 20" blue 92 so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for any input you can provide.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Questions for the pros

Post by akuser47 »

That is in the ballpark. Just really look it over to try and be sure it is a good one.
Last edited by akuser47 on 11 Nov 2012 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I agree that the price would be fair. I've ended up with two. One with a Skinner sight and another last week as a scout rifle.

Oh Frank, congrats on the promotion!
Michael
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

If those are NIB rifles made after 2000 (no black stocks), then the price is fair to good. If they are used, then I suggest you look at Bud's Guns where they list an IN STOCK, NIB Rossi 20" Carbine in 357mag for $414 delivered!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steelbanger wrote:I visited the gunshop today but am still without a M92. I couldn't quite warm up to either of two in-stock 357s there. One had screws all buggered but maybe they're just soft metal. The second rifle was just slightly rough when opening & closing the action so I passed on both. One of these days I'll find one. It sure was nice being able to handle and compare two together. Also, the prices were marked $10 higher than when I visited their site two days ago. Not enough to stop the dealing but aggravating. Probably due to the election.
I brought this from another topic...

These were new guns? The slightly rough is easy to deal with but the screws should not have been buggered. That is for the owner to goof up!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:but maybe they're just soft metal. but the screws should not have been buggered. That is for the owner to goof up!
More than likely this is the result of a "rush job" without taking the time to find & use the correct type and/or size of screwdriver tip.
The usual household Handy Andy tool kit with a coupla screwdrivers, a hammer and an adjustable wrench makes for botch jobs for gun work.
A good set of gunsmith screwdrivers with all the appropriate tips is not an option for obsessive tinkerers like us .........it's a must have.
Torx is the only way to go for scope bases & rings.
Take the time to find the exact tip to use for a particular screw or you're going to wind up with a mess.
The right tip screw tip is the correct length & thickness so that there is no wiggle or play when it is inserted and turned.
Badly buggered screws are easily replaced and for me are leverage to talk the asking price down. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA