New to sight and hopefully new owner.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Santa01

Re: New to sight and hopefully new owner.

Post by Santa01 »

Sorry it has taken me awhile to get back. 1.623! Hm, that opens up some possibilities. I have noticed that many of the bullet makers do not list the length of crimp to end of bullet. This tends to make the selection process a bit difficult to say the least. I have heard that the Rossi can be a bit finicky with OAL. What fiddling did you have to do for your .45? Thanks again.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Mostly OAL. I started out a little longer and worked back untill a whole "magazine" would cycle without complaint. Still working fine 2 years later and ready for opening day next Monday.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Santa01

Post by Santa01 »

Thanks Sir, I am going to be working up some loads with Ramshots Trueblue. Seems to be a good all round powder for the .45 Colt. From what I am reading it will develop higher velocities without approaching extreme pressures. I am using Titegroup now for my plinking loads but it seems to develop higher pressures at higher velocities. We will see how this new powder works out. Thanks again for your help.Santa Lee
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've shot Titegroup in the Colt, never been real happy with it as lighter loads don't seem to expand the cases enough to keep the soot off. Be careful with True Blue it's a great powder, but it would be easy to double charge the big 45. I've used it mostly in the 45 ACP and some 9mm (jury is still out on the 9s). In the 45 Colt I've pretty much stuck with H110 and WW296 for anything but plinking loads. For play around plinking type I tend to gravitate to Trail Boss and Blackhorn 209. Blackhorn is fun it you like smoke, you do need to clean up you gun and brass, but unlike black you can use standard cleaning solvents on the gun and I wet tumble everything so the cases come clean regardless of the powder.

Have a good Thanksgiving and make some smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image