Deleted

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 327

Deleted

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 17 Jan 2021 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: While At The Range Yesterday . . . .

Post by Ranch Dog »

COSteve wrote:I still haven't figured out what exactly it is about these Rossis that makes me so happy with them; maybe the balance, the slim lines, the accuracy, the ........ I just don't know what it is that I love about it but it's there...
As we say down here in South Texas, "I smell what you are stepping in!" I've shot my 44 Mag and 45 Colt yesterday and today leading up to our whitetail opener tomorrow.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am the same I feel like a kid again with my favorite toy everytime at the range. makes me smile to think about it. Love it
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
DH651

Post by DH651 »

I envy you guys that can enjoy your 92's on a regular basis. I enjoy reading your reports.
Doubleaction06

Post by Doubleaction06 »

Being a newcomer in the rossi owner family i find myself fascinated and loving my puma .480 ruger. Beyond its stainless good looks and smooth action it is extremely accurate for a light weight carbine. I took it out again today and had a blast shooting little clay pigeons at 50 75 and 100 yards. My shoulders a little sore now but i enjoyed it so much i may hit the fields again tomorrow and stretch the yardage out aways. A good friend of mine who is a gunsmith told me to stay away from rossi as he felt they were cheaply made. Well I took a chance the other day and it seems to be the best 300 dollars Ive spent in a long time. I want more!! 44-40, 44 mag 454 casull are next on the list !
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Doubleaction06 wrote:A good friend of mine who is a gunsmith told me to stay away from rossi as he felt they were cheaply made. Well I took a chance the other day and it seems to be the best 300 dollars Ive spent in a long time.
I really don't consider the typical gun buy an investment but your 480 qualifies at $300 buck. The rifle is easily worth twice what you paid for it if not a bit more.
Michael
Doubleaction06

Post by Doubleaction06 »

Wow i didnt realize it was worth that much ! And i was gonna treat it like a ok to beat around the farm gun. Guess i better buy another one for that. Ive got reloading dies on the way. Any tips on a good load recipe would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the information about the value !
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

It was amazing the shots Elmer Keith used to make at ranges of hundreds of yards with his famous 44 Mag REVOLVERS.
He'd probably make them blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back if he had the luxury of using a rifle.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
RickinVA

Post by RickinVA »

Thanks for the report, COSteve. There is something special about owning a firearm that has historical signifcance like the 1911, Colt SAA or a Winchester lever action. Having grown up in the 60s and 70s on lots of western TV shows and movies it still brings a smile to my face to think that I own a real lever-action, not the cap guns I used to run around with.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

RickinVA wrote:Thanks for the report, COSteve. There is something special about owning a firearm that has historical signifcance like the 1911, Colt SAA or a Winchester lever action. Having grown up in the 60s and 70s on lots of western TV shows and movies it still brings a smile to my face to think that I own a real lever-action, not the cap guns I used to run around with.
Rossi QC being what it is, If you are unfortunate and get a really lousy Rossi levergun it can be modified to fire caps if all else fails. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA