Carrier screws loose or tight ?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Rossi 92 .357 UK

Re: Carrier screws loose or tight ?

Post by Rossi 92 .357 UK »

HarryAlonzo wrote:6 Newton-meter = 53.1 inch-pound
Yeah sorry forgot this is mainly an American site, and you guys work in imperial. :lol:
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

What's imperial? :)

We often refer to it as "standard" or "SAE".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Work?
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Can't y'all just shorten the screw then tighten it? Maybe that's too simple.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:Can't y'all just shorten the screw then tighten it? Maybe that's too simple.
That's exactly what I was thinking a day or two ago but was too tired to log in and post it.
GasGuzzler wrote:What's imperial? :)

We often refer to it as "standard" or "SAE".
I usually refer to it as English measurements or English standard. Imperial may be a more accurate term but it gets more confusing when you start messing with gallons for example since Imp gallons are 4.8+ quarts. Technically I suppose we normally use what's known as 'U.S. customary units.' Still the standard for Aerospace in most of the U.S. industry. NOT setting up a common standard AND/OR failure to report and pay attention to units can get you or your project killed.
http://www.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/m ... _s=PM:TECH
The last couple paragraphs are complete crap. The metric system is just the French being more successful than normal convincing the rest of the world to adopt their system of units. The contract or the program office should have set the unit system for the project and it should have been automatic from that point on. The fact that they were looking for how it didn't happen a week after the fact is a good indication that they didn't communicate very well on either side.

The Society for Automotive Engineers can go .(insert something improbable, embarrassing and difficult here) .. for all I care. I don't care to credit them with a measurement system that was around long before their founding and I'm forever tired of them reprinting existing standards with their logo on them without other revision and charging $15 to $50 a page for them.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

English makes no more sense than Imperial since the English don't use it. It's standard to me, SAE to my industry.