New to site and to Rossi

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
MikeZilk

New to site and to Rossi

Post by MikeZilk »

Hi all. Just purchased a Rossi 44 mag and haven't even had a chance to look at it for more than a minute or shoot it. It is a blued model 92 with the saddle ring and the puma medallion. I am so very excited to have this rifle and can't wait to try it out in a few days.

I have about a thousand questions regarding this rifle and hope to have a few answered here.

1) Ammunition - Plinking vs hunting. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I should be looking at to use for both? Unfortunately I will not be hand loading as I have limited time off of work, 14 days on and 7 off, so I will be spending a lot of my time with my family. The guy I bought it off of gave me an almost full box of Blazer 240 with aluminium casing. So I will be trying those out on Nov 1 after my morning deer hunt.

2) Sights - Pros and Cons to installing a peep sight from you all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Deleted User 327

Re: New to site and to Rossi

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Welcome, I'm new here too. Looking forward to your posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome Mike. I bought a Skinner Peep sight for my 357 Mag and was very impressed with it as it was a huge step up from the Rossi rear sight. I mounts in the rear sight dovetail.

I'm a reloader so I don't have anything to offer as far as factory ammo goes. I would want a non-JHP bullet, something with a lot of lead on the nose but that is my personal preference.
Michael
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

A lot of guys with 44 Mags swear by Winchester white box 240grs for factory ammo.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Welcome Mike and eventually you might want to mess with it a bit. Check out the Steve's Gunz site for parts, DVD etc.
Joe
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

For factory ammo keep an eye on www.grafs.com and cabelas.com. Should be some good deals/ free shipping etc coming up.
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Quinc wrote:For factory ammo keep an eye on http://www.grafs.com and cabelas.com. Should be some good deals/ free shipping etc coming up.
big plus on Grafs..I found this site a few weeks ago, orderd a few boxes of .357 and a few 12g buck shot. Fast service and good prices.
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

WalMart's WWB value packs are a very good deal.
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 02 Nov 2012 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Winchester White box, American Eagle, and Mag Tech, all soft points, work well in mine. I got mine used and it had a Williams peep mounted on the side of the receiver. It works very well. So do my handloads of 240gr XTP's over H-110. DP