Stock Options For The 92?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
BigIron44

Stock Options For The 92?

Post by BigIron44 »

The wood on my rifle is actually pretty decent but I was wondering what options are out there? I've heard of walnut stocks from Precision Gun Works and I've heard that the Ramline synthetic 94 stock can be made to fit. Anything else?

I've also heard people say that lever action stocks are weak. That seems weird to me because they're almost identical to the setup on a milled AK-47 and those aren't weak. Is this just one of those internet rumors or what?
Deleted User 327

Re: Stock Options For The 92?

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 01 May 2014 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Nothing weak about the stocks on my 92s and I don't baby my guns.....they get bounced around on ATVs, motorcycles, in backpacks.........I don't abuse them and I maintain them meticulously but I sure as heck don't baby them.......like any other of my tools they get USED. :mrgreen:
I use boiled linseed oil as the moisture sealant/preservative on my 92s........retains the legacy look I like and prevents swell, rot, w/m contact area pitting & rusting (some of the Brazilian hardwoods are acidic and will rust the metal unless an intervening sealant is applied), you name it.
Don't forget to apply sealant/preservative to the inside of the forearm channel........don't be stingy and let it soak in.....anywhere the acidic Rossi "mystery wood" touches metal is susceptible to rust.
My Rossi 92s have picked up a few dings and scratches along the way but no splits of breaks.....knock on wood. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

COSteve, that finish looks darn nice! Looks like I got some winter projects coming up. DP