Co-Witness Possible W/ Scout Mount + Bolt Sight?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
BigIron44

Co-Witness Possible W/ Scout Mount + Bolt Sight?

Post by BigIron44 »

Just wondering... does Steve's adjustable bolt mounted peep sight sit high enough that you could potentially co-witness with an optic on the Rossi scout mount?

Is it at least high enough that you can see your irons over the scout mount when no optic is attached?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Co-Witness Possible W/ Scout Mount + Bolt Sight?

Post by Ranch Dog »

The scope base sits 5/16" (.3125") above the top of the receiver in the area that the SG Safety Plug Peep Sight would be mounted. I no longer have the peep but may be someone could get a measurement of theirs from the top of the bolt. I would what the measurement with the sight totally depressed into the base just to be safe.
R92_scope_base_height.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
BigIron44

Post by BigIron44 »

Thanks for the pic. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see through the channel in the rail when an optic isn't mounted and with the right rings/scope a lower 1/3 co-witness looks doable. Cool! 8-)
BigIron44

Post by BigIron44 »

I installed the scope mount on my rifle today, you can clearly see the irons over/through the mount. I'll have to see if co-witness works once I pick out an optic but now I know I can definitely use quick detach rings which gives me the basic functionality I was hoping for.