Pictures as promised - SS .357 Model 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 327

Re: Pictures as promised - SS .357 Model 92

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Nice ss carbine.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I don't dry fire either. I don't know for a fact that anything bad would happen if I did. But I'm not risking it either.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:Much like the crossbolt safety on one of my Marlins. It has it's uses.
I am a converted "legacy diehard" when it comes to the "pigtail" safety on the Rossi 92s. :mrgreen:
Why remove functionality that you've already paid for and that in fact adds to the safety margin when using the gun?
When you're cycle unloading your 92 you are for a fraction of a second on each cycle cocked hammer over a live cartridge and the same thing goes when you cycle test your hunting ammo.
Any cartridge on my ammo belt has been cycle tested in the firearm I'm using on the hunt. Better to find out a cartridge won't cycle at home than when you're lining up on a potential B&C buck.
I think the "pigtail" bolt safety on the Braztech R92s is actually less conspicuous than the SG filler plug.
If a job is worth doing it's worth doing right.
If I was going for maximum legacy authenticity I'd get my friend who is a TIG/MIG welder to braze over the hole and you'd never tell there was ever a safety there when he was done.
Welding on or around metal components ON GUNS is not a job for neophytes.
If you temper the wrong stress or pressure bearing metal part like a 92 bolt by improper heating/cooling you are creating a potentially lethal hazard.
Make sure anyone who welds or brazes on your firearms is qualified and fully experienced with welding and brazing SPECIFICALLY ON FIREARMS.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Sweet!