New M92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
RaineWalker

New M92

Post by RaineWalker »

Last night I was in a funk, went to talk to some friends, but they weren't home. I had been looking at this M92 a 45 colt with 20" barrel, for about a month. So in my funk I decided I needed a little retail therapy, I stopped down at Sportsman's Warehouse and picked it up.. The only one in the store, an only one of two in the state in their stores.

Got it home, gave the barrel a good swabbing and cleaned an lube the metal surfaces, I didn't find any metal shaving or excessive grease. Used Snap shots and ran them through the action about a hundred time, action is extremely smooth and didn't have any problems feeding.

To day went to the local indoor range ran a few round through it. Using Magtech 250 Gr Lead Flat tip Cowboy loads. Recoil was mild equal to or less then my AR-15. Will have to try some stiffer loads see how it is.

I have the target attached from the first shots. The range was 65 ft the limit of the indoor range.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New M92

Post by akuser47 »

Looks nice how smooth is the action looks and sounds like you got a good one. Glad to hear they are out there.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Gaterskiner

Post by Gaterskiner »

Very nice. My new 92 .45 Colt was good to go too.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nothing like buying a gun to make you feel better, especially one that can shoot! Well done!
Michael
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Retail therapy works every time, congratulations on a nice one. I looked at a few today, didn't have any holes that needed filling so they didn't get adopted. :cry: I did see some with the screws under the rear sight to mount a scout scope on, didn't check them all. they had 30-30's, 410's, 357's, 44 mags and 45 Colts, blued and stainless, trapper, carbine and oct. barrels. DP
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Must be nice to browse a whole line up of Rossi's!
Michael
RaineWalker

Post by RaineWalker »

Here are some pictures from after I finished the stock and forearm with Tru-Oil. I hand rubbed in about 15 coats into the wood then finished it of with Stock Sheen and Conditioner.

RaineWalker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice I like it I love oil finishes and tru oil is becomeing a fav for me. I like tung oil and mixes as well. great work looks nice.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
temmi

Post by temmi »

Very Nice

I actually get to try mine this weekend!

Snake
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

very nice finish on the stocks, really pretties up the rifle. DP