M 92 Wood?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: M 92 Wood?

Post by akuser47 »

I have used watco teak oil on ak stocks and had great results with it as well The danish would look good on the right stocks
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

All this discussion begs the general conclusion that there are umpteen dozen "oil based" products available to dress up a wooden gun stock to make it look good, provide a moisture seal and preserve the wood.
Whatever one you choose is a personal choice..........beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Lognut04

Post by Lognut04 »

I found the Armor All and Tru-Oil process on the web and tried it. It works great in that it makes the Tru-Oil or any tung oil (so I have read) dry very quickly. This allows you to apply several coats in the time it would take a single coat of oil to dry. I was skeptical at first but apparently wood musical instrument makers and furniture makers use it as well. It does seem odd that a silicon based product like Armor-All would mix well with Tru-Oil but it does. It really brings out the grain in the wood and fills the pores as well. Try it on a sample piece of hard wood. It doesn't take much Armor-All to make it work. I think you will like it.
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

The link to the Armor All and Tru-oil process in reference to refinishing your stock can be found on a previous post that I put up a while ago. It is titled "Extremely easy and quick finish for your Rossi." It is located in the "92" section. A link with all the information you could want is there as well. Esel

http://www.rossi-rifleman.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=304
Gaterskiner

Post by Gaterskiner »

I have read that the forearm on the Rossi I very dificult to get back on due to issues with the band. Is the problem on the newer guns also? Is there A method to correct the problem?
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It seems to be common that they are not properly fitted the forearm and its barrel band from the factory you may get lucky you may get a headache. I was able to use my bulk weight and force it back in the screw in which most have issue with reattaching to the band. Some this does not even work so it is a gamble, but I thought it was worth it because alot of them have rust on the mag tube and barrel were the wood stock touchs so I wanted to seal it up and that is what I did. It is always a gamble if you are not prepped and ready.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!