454 Butt Stock compatibility

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Dr. A

454 Butt Stock compatibility

Post by Dr. A »

I called up Rossi the other day concerning buying a buttstock from a 454 (Rossi 92) with the idea of placing it on my 45 Colt Octagon. They said it wouldn't work and wouldn't even sell it to me. I figured it must be a bigger and thicker stock along with that recoil pad. I was wondering if anyone who might happen to have both could explain to me what the difference is. Would that buttstock work on the round barrel, and perhaps not the Octagon? I am just curious at this point. I finally got a leather butt cuff and padded it with sorbothane, and am pretty happy.
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 454 Butt Stock compatibility

Post by dpe.ahoy »

I ordered one and put it on my 44mag with the round barrel and it fit fine. I didn't try it on my 357 oct. Barrel, but the stock off the 44 fit it just fine. Maybe they just don't want to sell them except as replacements now. DP
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Dr. A wrote:I called up Rossi the other day concerning buying a buttstock from a 454 (Rossi 92) with the idea of placing it on my 45 Colt Octagon. They said it wouldn't work and wouldn't even sell it to me. I figured it must be a bigger and thicker stock along with that recoil pad. I was wondering if anyone who might happen to have both could explain to me what the difference is. Would that buttstock work on the round barrel, and perhaps not the Octagon? I am just curious at this point. I finally got a leather butt cuff and padded it with sorbothane, and am pretty happy.
I own both.
There's no difference other than the recoil pad.
You got lied to and BRUSHED OFF !
Find the serial number of a Braztech 92/454 (they'll ask you for it) & tell Braztech you want to buy the stock as a replacement because yours split.
One lie deserves another.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Dr. A

Post by Dr. A »

I just called for the second time in two days. Yesterday they didn't have a back ordered part. TOday I ordered it. :x I suppose it could have changed that fast. We'll see...