New M92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New M92

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Q: Why buy a dedicated 45 LC and miss out on the above features?
Ahhh... the other answer is because you can't find one. Despite search notifications and "in stock" notifications I have only seen one for sale this year. Two distributors have had my credit card on file and the rifles on order all year, still have not been filled by Rossi. They actually have several hundred on order. I've seen more rifles chambered in 480 Ruger for sale this year, two.

Plenty of 45LC for sale so you do what you got to do to shoot one.
Michael
Gaterskiner

Post by Gaterskiner »

After using this gun A bit with several diferent bullet types. I can find no fault with the rifle. Action tuneing can wait. Don't think it will be needed. I like this thing better every time I pick it up.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Gaterskiner wrote:After using this gun A bit with several diferent bullet types. I can find no fault with the rifle. Action tuneing can wait. Don't think it will be needed. I like this thing better every time I pick it up.
I always do the stripping, cleaning & deburring but feel the Steve's Gunz full fledged tune-up is unnecessary except for guns to be run in Cowboy Action Shooting competitions.

Some of the earlier Amadeo Rossi M92 guns were pretty rough around the edges (literally :mrgreen: ) and drill holes but I've been hearing that the 2nd generation Braztech R92 guns are much smoother NIB........don't own one so I don't know.

My Rio Grande is a Braztech and it was fine mechanically NIB but horrible in regards to cleanliness. I stripped and cleaned it & found a couple of small burrs to polish off and a lot of gunk (compacted cosmoline, machining shavings, rust & dirt).

After stripping and reassembling your 92 a few times you gain a thorough knowledge of the inner workings of your gun that is invaluable in planing troubleshooting and fixing strategies.

The Rio Grande 336 near-clone (some differences from the Marlin) is child's play to strip & reassemble in contrast with the 92 which can be an exasperating experience the first time out.

Hunting guns don't need the full tune-up.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Leverlad

Post by Leverlad »

Gaterskiner wrote:Hmmmmm guess not!
So did ya ever find out how to get the pictures to work ?? I tried this morning but couldnt figure it out either ... :oops:

Leverlad
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Leverlad wrote:So did ya ever find out how to get the pictures to work ?? I tried this morning but couldnt figure it out either ... :oops:
Posting pictures is about as easy as it gets...

See Posting Pictures Tutorial
Michael
Gaterskiner

Post by Gaterskiner »

It says my pics are to big. They work on other boards?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Gaterskiner wrote:It says my pics are to big. They work on other boards?
Try it again as I have made an adjustment to the attachment control panel.
Michael