Sight replacement on R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Sight replacement on R92

Post by joec »

Now I use this gun for CAS shooting and it is an octagon barrel version so it must have period correct type sites. I'm considering changing both the front and rear sights with 135 Small ivory bead front sight - Octagon barrel and 162 Bullseye Ghost Ring - Octagon barrel rear sights from Steve's Gunz site. Has any one here tried them or others from there?
Joe
temmi

Re: Sight replacement on R92

Post by temmi »

Steve replaced my sights but with buckhorn sights.

When I was at his shop he showed his 92 he used for hunting...

He had a tang sight setup.

If I need a peep that is what I would get

Snake
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

temmi wrote:Steve replaced my sights but with buckhorn sights.

When I was at his shop he showed his 92 he used for hunting...

He had a tang sight setup.

If I need a peep that is what I would get

Snake
Yes I would like the tang also however I would rather not have to drill and tap and not sure I could use them in CAS shooting. I'm also considering the ladder style also but a bit expensive.
Joe
dagger dog

Post by dagger dog »

I have the small ivory bead front, and the full buckhorn rear, on my 24" octogon 92, it is very fast and easy to aquire a sight picture almost a full bulls eye.

I bought a Lyman #2 Winchester 92-94 no tang safety tang sight, and elongated the rear hole, rethreaded the long rear tang screw to the metric size to fit the rear Rossi hole, the short front screw that came with the Lyman sight fits the hole in the Rossi.

I can flip up the tang sight look through the aperture on the tang and line up the diamond on the buckhorn with the bead front, but I am going toremove the buckhorn and replace it with a blank just for range work and then use the buckhorn for hunting.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Not a 92, but I put a Marbles tang sight on my Rossi 62 pump. Took an accurate squirrel rifle and made it better.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR