Hi I'm a new member from Currituck NC.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gabby

Hi I'm a new member from Currituck NC.

Post by Gabby »

I would like to interduce myself. I'm pretty much a native to NC. I served my county for 13 years as a Deputy Sheriff. I left law enforcement 2001 to start my own brickmason company and after the fall of the building industry in NC. I went back into law enforcement in a 3 county jail as a detention officer. I love to hunt and fish as that's what I grew up doing. I love lever action rifles and have had quiet a few over the years. One of my favorites was a Glenfield 30 in 30-30. Given to my oldest son when he grew into it. Later I purchased a Marlin 336 c fine rifle but my youngest son got it. Last year I bought my self a 1894 Winchester and made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it, you guessed it now its hers. I bought another Marlin 336 thirty thurdy and just recently traded it to a friend on Marlins Owner's Forum of which I'm still a member. I love the orignial Winchester and wanted a 44 mag. He had a Rossi 92 in great condition so I traded. Nothing looks or feels like a real Winchester and Winchesters around here go for over $800.00 so I traded for the Rossi. I have heard great reviews on the Rossi's and I'm proud to be a owner of one. Im having some self induced problems with mine and have been advised to seek knowledge here. Im not very literate or computer friendly so bare with me. I hope your forum is like MO. because I like to share hunting experiences with others as well as read their escapades. I have over 44 years of hunting experience and willing to share any info that may help other's. Thanks for excepting me as amember.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hi I'm a new member from Currituck NC.

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome I hope we can help you with anything possible and to hear some of your stories.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings, glad to have you here!. What's up with the 92.
Michael
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Glad to see you made it over here! This is the right place to come to about Rossis.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
temmi

Post by temmi »

Welcome to the Site!

Snake
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Gabby wrote:I would like to interduce myself. I'm pretty much a native to NC. I served my county for 13 years as a Deputy Sheriff. I left law enforcement 2001 to start my own brickmason company and after the fall of the building industry in NC. I went back into law enforcement in a 3 county jail as a detention officer. I love to hunt and fish as that's what I grew up doing. I love lever action rifles and have had quiet a few over the years. One of my favorites was a Glenfield 30 in 30-30. Given to my oldest son when he grew into it. Later I purchased a Marlin 336 c fine rifle but my youngest son got it. Last year I bought my self a 1894 Winchester and made the mistake of letting my wife shoot it, you guessed it now its hers. I bought another Marlin 336 thirty thurdy and just recently traded it to a friend on Marlins Owner's Forum of which I'm still a member. I love the orignial Winchester and wanted a 44 mag. He had a Rossi 92 in great condition so I traded. Nothing looks or feels like a real Winchester and Winchesters around here go for over $800.00 so I traded for the Rossi. I have heard great reviews on the Rossi's and I'm proud to be a owner of one. Im having some self induced problems with mine and have been advised to seek knowledge here. Im not very literate or computer friendly so bare with me. I hope your forum is like MO. because I like to share hunting experiences with others as well as read their escapades. I have over 44 years of hunting experience and willing to share any info that may help other's. Thanks for excepting me as amember.
I've had a few issues with my Rossis in regards to getting them running smoothly but essentially all that was involved was complete disassembly, a good cleaning and hand stoning, polishing of the working parts, replacement of the cheap plastic mag followers with SS ones and replacing the old springs with the kits available from Steves Gunz or Brownells and last but not least a good lubing with quality machine oil.
I suggest that any new Rossi 92 owner buy Steves Gunz tune-up DVD whether or not you intend to do the tune-up.
I did one complete tune-up on a Rossi 92/454 and with my other 3 Rossi 92s a cleaning, polishing and spring kit installation was enough.
I consider Rossis and Remlins (Remington built Marlins) as kits where you should be prepared to do some "hands-on" to get your new gun up to speed.
I'm told that the new Braztech Rossi 92s are having less NIB problems than the old pre Braztech models.
This is purely anecdotal and any Rossi or Remlin I purchased NIB to date has needed some hands-on TLC to get them running satisfactorily.
I can only make judgements based on my own experiences.
Each & every one of my Rossis and Remlins are slicker than frog snot tack drivers but it took elbow grease, 3rd party parts and patience to get them to that level of excellence.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

I recently traded a Marlin 336C 30-30 for a pre safety Rossi 92 SKC 44 mag. The gun has Amadeo made in Brazil stamped on the top of the tang and on the bottom Interarms SKC. Can any body give me a DOB the serials are MO356xx. I called Rossi customer service and was told it was a 1992. I think I was given incorrect info. Can anyone help. My gun has the front sight built into the magizine barrel band.