Rossi Parts

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Airwolf

Rossi Parts

Post by Airwolf »

I have seen posts in this forum as well as others about finding Rossi 92 parts. People suggest Steve's Gunz and other sites, but they only sell the same scope mount, hammer extensions, and tang sites. Even the Rossi web site only has a few accessories, but not parts.

I want some REAL rifle parts. No one seems to have these, even Taurus has yet to figure out that they own Rossi and will largely ignore parts requests or just seem very confused indeed.

Is our only hope to re-work Winchester parts? Are WInchester parts even interchangeable with Rossi? Is it true that Rossis use metric dimension so nothing fits or is that only associated with screws? What if I want to buy replacement screws? Am I just screwed? :?

Does anyone have any idea why no one sells Rossi parts?

This really frustrates me.
Jeff
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Parts

Post by Ranch Dog »

Airwolf wrote:I have seen posts in this forum as well as others about finding Rossi 92 parts. People suggest Steve's Gunz and other sites, but they only sell the same scope mount, hammer extensions, and tang sites. Even the Rossi web site only has a few accessories, but not parts.

I want some REAL rifle parts. No one seems to have these, even Taurus has yet to figure out that they own Rossi and will largely ignore parts requests or just seem very confused indeed.

Is our only hope to re-work Winchester parts? Are WInchester parts even interchangeable with Rossi? Is it true that Rossis use metric dimension so nothing fits or is that only associated with screws? What if I want to buy replacement screws? Am I just screwed? :?

Does anyone have any idea why no one sells Rossi parts?

This really frustrates me.
Yes, it is. In that Rossi builds all the parts, they control all the parts. You need to call customer service to order parts, I've order several items already for my various firearms. You must have a serial number when you call. If you have an early rifle (pre Taurus/Braztech), you can find a current serial number for the appropriate rifle and finish from the pictures on Gun Broker, Gun Auctions, or Gun America. My only recommendation is not to call on Monday as all the weekend shooters are looking for stuff. The good thing is that parts are dirt cheap, they do not seem to interested in making money from them. When you order stuff, get enough so that you do not need parts again.
Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Rossi Parts

Post by Rooster59 »

Thanks for the tip RD. Am I pampering my guns or not shooting them enough? I've only needed one part for any of my guns in ten years. A replacement buckhorn for a Marlin 1894C and that was due to holding it upside down on my bench when reassembling it after a full teardown and cleaning.

What goes wrong or wears out?

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Rooster59 wrote:Thanks for the tip RD. Am I pampering my guns or not shooting them enough? I've only needed one part for any of my guns in ten years. A replacement buckhorn for a Marlin 1894C and that was due to holding it upside down on my bench when reassembling it after a full teardown and cleaning.

What goes wrong or wears out?

Jeff
Generally it is springs that need replacing and in a 92 I suggest you replace the plastic feeder in the magazine tube with one by Steve's Gunz. Steve's also sells springs but so does Wolff and Brownells which has the gunslinger sets which work excellent in the 92.
Joe
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Rossi Parts

Post by Rooster59 »

Which springs come in the gunslinger sets? I'm intrigued.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Rooster59 wrote:Which springs come in the gunslinger sets? I'm intrigued.

Jeff
Here Jeff http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4214 ... PRING-KITS
Joe
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Rossi Parts

Post by Rooster59 »

Thanks joec.

Jeff