First lever action! 92 SRC 357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: First lever action! 92 SRC 357

Post by Quinc »

Made the mistake of letting my fiance shoot it.. at 25m I put up an 8inch bell and a piece of steel about the size of a silver dollar hanging from a chain, I like to use for the 10/22. I show her how to load it use the lever etc. She hits the bell on her first two shots and gives me a cocky look so I tell her to try for the small piece of steel. She hits it 4 times in a row breaking it off the chain! I am lucky if I can hit it 3 out of 5 shots... This is her first time to the range in months and first time ever shooting the 92. I ended up having to move the bell out to 100m before she finally missed. So anyway my ego has been deflated for a while. And it is now her gun. Although I stll get stuck cleaning it. :)
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Quinc wrote:Made the mistake of letting my fiance shoot it.. at 25m I put up an 8inch bell and a piece of steel about the size of a silver dollar hanging from a chain, I like to use for the 10/22. I show her how to load it use the lever etc. She hits the bell on her first two shots and gives me a cocky look so I tell her to try for the small piece of steel. She hits it 4 times in a row breaking it off the chain! I am lucky if I can hit it 3 out of 5 shots... This is her first time to the range in months and first time ever shooting the 92. I ended up having to move the bell out to 100m before she finally missed. So anyway my ego has been deflated for a while. And it is now her gun. Although I stll get stuck cleaning it. :)
Good deer rifle at < 5 pounds for a kid, girl or smaller guy with good eyes.
The 357 Mag white, green or red box generic cheapskate 158 grain FNSP ammo will do just fine for deer or smaller game at 100 yards or less and keep the shooter flinch-free for years.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I've lost a more than a few guns by letting Mrs Willy shoot them. The only way I got my 1892 back was buying a Marlin 1894C for her.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR