Early pair of Rossi 92s with something special.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Early pair of Rossi 92s with something special.

Post by Trailboss »

The top one is an Interarms/Rossi medallion in 38/357 Mag and the bottom is an Interarms/Rossi 44/44 Mag pre-medallion. I put Lee spring kits in both, polished the insides, took the ears off the rear sight and added a Winchester adjustable buckhorn to each and also a Winchester elevator. If you look carefully, you'll see an additonal part on the lever. This is my Rifleman switch. When it's in the up position, the rifle shoots like normal, when it's down, it shoots like Chuck Connor's Rifleman rifle. I can take it off if I desire or leave it up, but when it's down, it is very fast. I'm getting pretty good with it after some practice and it's pretty much fun. Both SRC will digest any cartridge I feed em and any bullet style.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
Additional images in second post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Trailboss on 25 Jul 2012 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small, miss small.
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Early pair of Rossi 92s with something special.

Post by Trailboss »

004.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
With the anti-slip tape on the butt plate, it's real easy to keep the rifle tight on the shoulder while cycling it. Keeps the rifle from slipping out of corners as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Trailboss on 25 Jul 2012 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small, miss small.
Puddle-jumper
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Puddle-jumper »

Nice looking pair of guns, Trailboss, I like the wraps on the levers. I need to put
something like that on mine. You did a great job on refinishing.
That Chuck Conner special touch looks interesting.

Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice!
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

Thanks Puddle-jumper and akuser47,

The little Rossi '92s are easy to work with, and clean up nicely. Always wanted a Rifleman rifle to play with but didn't know if I could drill it at the right angle and in the right spot so I went this route instead. I made the little clamp so it would slide over the lever with a set screw to tighten down. I put a little dimple in the lever where it should sit so it's real fast to thumb into place. I've practiced like the Rifleman with the butt on my hip and also tried just holding the butt stock under my arm. Both are very fast and reasonably accurate. I can empty 10 rounds into a 6 inch circle at 20 feet in under 3 seconds (very close to 2 seconds now).

The only problem I've run into is ammo, I need lots more of it now :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small.
Gman56

Post by Gman56 »

very nice pair!I just got my firtst Rossi which is interarms also!It is a20in 45colt.The serial starts AM0213xx is there any why to find out itsdate of manufacture?It looks like it is new!It doesn't have a medalion on it. She just looks so nice!IU need a 357 16 in next from Steve's gunz!
Trailboss
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Trailboss »

Gman56 wrote:very nice pair!I just got my firtst Rossi which is interarms also!It is a20in 45colt.The serial starts AM0213xx is there any why to find out itsdate of manufacture?It looks like it is new!It doesn't have a medalion on it. She just looks so nice!IU need a 357 16 in next from Steve's gunz!
Thanks Gman56 and congrats on your first Rossi. I believe the Interarms 92s were the earliest Rossi 92's to be imported. Yours would date pre-medallion, very nice. The Serial number indicates an early one as well. How is the action on it? Smooth? or do you need to slick it up a bit? Does it have the spring kit in it? If not, it's a very worth while investment.
Aim small, miss small.
Gman56

Post by Gman56 »

Trailboss wrote:
Gman56 wrote:very nice pair!I just got my firtst Rossi which is interarms also!It is a20in 45colt.The serial starts AM0213xx is there any why to find out itsdate of manufacture?It looks like it is new!It doesn't have a medalion on it. She just looks so nice!IU need a 357 16 in next from Steve's gunz!
Thanks Gman56 and congrats on your first Rossi. I believe the Interarms 92s were the earliest Rossi 92's to be imported. Yours would date pre-medallion, very nice. The Serial number indicates an early one as well. How is the action on it? Smooth? or do you need to slick it up a bit? Does it have the spring kit in it? If not, it's a very worth while investment.
It has the stock springs in it. I took it apart and used my fine stones on the boltand lever.It is alot slicker now!I am amazed at the bluing it is as nice as my 1950 vintage 94!The fit and finish is beautiful! If it only had better wood that is the only parts that is plain.I will buy more Rossi rifles if they look as nice as this one.I am glad that I won it if he bid one more dollar it was his!The rifle is as close to new as it gets!I want a 357 16 in that is free of the lawyer safteys.The hunt is on for it .