New Rossi for sale at Local FFL

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

New Rossi for sale at Local FFL

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Stopped by a local FFL in Georgetown and he has a NIB Rossi .357 for $425...
Mike in ILL.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New Rossi for sale at Local FFL

Post by akuser47 »

I would cycle it see how smooth it is see if they will let you use snap caps to check function and if you have a flashlight or bore light inpect the bore. The fit of the stock forearm and butstock as well. Just to be careful They are still hard to com by so I would buy it if you are in the market after a little tuneing and care they can be made real slick and real pretty.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I would cycle it see how smooth it is see if they will let you use snap caps to check function and if you have a flashlight or bore light inpect the bore. The fit of the stock forearm and butstock as well. Just to be careful They are still hard to com by so I would buy it if you are in the market after a little tuneing and care they can be made real slick and real pretty.
Purchasing a Rossi is an event you PLAN for.
Take the snap caps of the appropriate caliber and one of those small but powerful white light penlights.
If you don't inspect the bore and inside the opened action you are looking for trouble and disappointment down the road.
Glad to read posts saying that members are inspecting and test functioning new Rossis right in the store.
I only repeated it umpteen dozen times cause I don't want good people to get "burned".
The head of Rossis QC department is easy to contact.
Just look in the closest mirror.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
akuser47 wrote:I would cycle it see how smooth it is see if they will let you use snap caps to check function and if you have a flashlight or bore light inpect the bore. The fit of the stock forearm and butstock as well. Just to be careful They are still hard to com by so I would buy it if you are in the market after a little tuneing and care they can be made real slick and real pretty.
Take the snap caps of the appropriate caliber and one of those small but powerful white light penlights.
If you don't inspect the bore and inside the opened action you are looking for trouble and disappointment down the road.
Glad to read posts saying that members are inspecting and test functioning new Rossis right in the store.
I only repeated it umpteen dozen times cause I don't want good people to get "burned".
I like that :lol:
LeverLover

Post by LeverLover »

OK I am a new buyer of a 92 .357, and had no idea I needed to look for something wrong with it right out of the box. I have motored it over and looked in the bore. All seems to be right, clean and smooth, but How would I know if that is it. I have not shot it and will not until I hear if I can change the lever to a large Loop one.
What are the problems, and how wide spread are the problems, and last, what do you do if you find a problem later. :shock:

I hardley ever buy new guns, but when I do, I assume it was inspected and fired. QA in most companies, If they have problems later, usually notify owners. If not, is Rossi/Taurus a bad idea entirely?? I only ask since the TCP had problems, as did the LCP from Ruger in the sub compact .380's when they first came out, and the company stood behind them and made it right for everyone returning their pistols. SO does Rossi?? :?:

Thanks
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Dan 444 »

pricedo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

LeverLover wrote:OK I am a new buyer of a 92 .357, and had no idea I needed to look for something wrong with it right out of the box. I have motored it over and looked in the bore. All seems to be right, clean and smooth, but How would I know if that is it. I have not shot it and will not until I hear if I can change the lever to a large Loop one.
What are the problems, and how wide spread are the problems, and last, what do you do if you find a problem later. :shock:

I hardley ever buy new guns, but when I do, I assume it was inspected and fired. QA in most companies, If they have problems later, usually notify owners. If not, is Rossi/Taurus a bad idea entirely?? I only ask since the TCP had problems, as did the LCP from Ruger in the sub compact .380's when they first came out, and the company stood behind them and made it right for everyone returning their pistols. SO does Rossi?? :?:

Thanks
As stated useing a light you can inspect the inside of the action and bore and rifleing look for pitting, cracks, broken screws any number of things that can happen to any gun.Generally you will just see machineing marks and have a ruff action because of this. They are known for that they are Rossi's. This can be fixed by useing instructions from Steve's dvd to clean up the burrs and machineing marks to smooth out your action and while your at it replace your mag follower with a steel one from Steve's as this will fail at some point might as well take care of it before it is a problem easy to change.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

LeverLover wrote:OK I am a new buyer of a 92 .357, and had no idea I needed to look for something wrong with it right out of the box. I have motored it over and looked in the bore. All seems to be right, clean and smooth, but How would I know if that is it. I have not shot it and will not until I hear if I can change the lever to a large Loop one.

Thanks
My two Rossi 92 are of recent manufacture, one a LSI Puma and the other a Braztech, did not have ANY issues. What people have seen is a failure to feed or scratched brass and the fixes are highlighted in various posts here or in total with the Steve's Gunz video available from his online store. My 2011 Braztech R92 chambered in 45 Colt even had a shorter spring, from the factory, similar in coils to the SG ejector spring. The only thing that both of these rifles needed was the action cleaned out per the video. The Braztech rifle did have an issue with barrel band fit but I have experienced similar issues with some of my Marlin rifles.

You have a year warranty of on your Rossi Braztech rifle. I personally would not wait for the big loop lever before cycling snap caps or ammunition, in an appropriate setting, through your rifle. The model 92 takes positive lever movement full open and back but you should not experience any stop, hang up, or scratched cases going in or coming out. That is the sum of it.

Also, I recently found a great source of Rossi's on the rack of R & M Firearms in El Campo. Until this find, I haven't been able to handle a Rossi before purchase. I have been wanting the scout rifle version of the 357 Mag (56-002) but have been thinking of purchasing the "-001" in the meantime. I've looked at two Braztech rifles, a used 2010 and a new 2011, and they both functioned perfectly. I'm kicking myself for not buying the used rifle and it was gone the next week but I was short on time while commuting to the airport in Houston and was not prepared to try to hide the rifle in my parked vehicle while I was away on my trip. I should have bought it and picked it up the following week but I was in a hurry and I hate making a gun purchase in a hurry.
Michael