Rossi 92 .357 purchase from Davidson's Gallery of Guns

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rossi 92 .357 purchase from Davidson's Gallery of Guns

Post by akuser47 »

Gman56 wrote:Hi I have never seen a Rossi rifle in the rack in NJ! I just ordered a Steves Gunz 92. A 16in 357.The cost is high$827 but I will not have to worry if it will work!The 92 is my favorite rifle!Years asgo I had a nice collection of lever guns.Browning b92s in 357 and 44 the best built lever gun I have owned!And winchester trappers wranglers also new and old 94s. Then I caught the black rifle disease. My levers soon went down the road.Now Ive gone full circle and back to leverguns. Alot has changed in 30 yrs!The real winchester is gone cant get a new B92. I won on GB a interarms 92 in 45 lc I hope she works!Alot of people say Steve is the man for rossi 92s I will find out.Every one have a safe 4th of July!
You will not regret it he uses tru oil to refinish his stopcks and slicks up the action as you said you don't have to worry post pics once you pic that baby up. I wouldn't even had gotten a Rossi if had not been for talkin to Steve great guy and great work he does.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

I never expected to see a brand new 20" blued .357 Rossi on the rack at my local gun store here in Southern California (The Shootist in Murrieta, CA) but when I did, they were happy to allow me to rack the action to my hearts content. Everything seemed fine so I bought it on the spot.

The action was a bit rough and trying to load the magazine was a lesson in developing thumb calluses.

I bough the Gunslinger spring kit (Dillon Precision), new magazine spring, and SS follower (The Smith Shop). While installing these parts (with the aid of Steve's video), I noticed a lot of rough tool marks, drilled hole burrs, and the like. A bit of judicial filing and stoning resulted in a gun I can load easily and operate the action at full speed with my little finger.

Even the finish on the stock looked pretty good right from the factory.

I have heard it said the Rossi DOES have a QA department; it's the buyer. There is some truth to this, and it helps to be handy, but this is one sweet carbine. Also... it feeds .38 special and .357 rounds without a hitch.

I could not be more pleased.

Jeff
Jeff
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Just came back from picking up my new replacement Rossi 92 from Davidsons. Wow, what a beautiful rifle! The bluing and wood is perfect. No mangled screws or scratches anywhere. Of course, I haven't had it to the range yet. But even if this one doesn't shoot, I'll keep it as a safe queen. It's that nice! Can't wait to try it out. I'm glad I purchased this from Davidsons. They definitely came through for me. The workmanship on this rifle also shows me what Rossi is capable of. This has got to be the best value in a lever gun. My thanks to Kevin Wilson again.

Esel
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

glad to have the follow up from davidson's great C.S. give us a range report and some pics in general.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:I haven't seen a new Rossi in a LGS in years. I had to special order my Navy Arms.
The Navy Arms guns were made by Rossi but are a notch or 2 above a run of the mill Rossi in quality and price.
The Navy Arms 92s I saw had really nice walnut stocks and superb w/m fit and finish.
Unfortunately you can't get new ones any more.
The NA Rossis were essentially Rossis with walnut and QC.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

pricedo wrote:
44-40 Willy wrote:I haven't seen a new Rossi in a LGS in years. I had to special order my Navy Arms.
The Navy Arms guns were made by Rossi but are a notch or 2 above a run of the mill Rossi in quality and price.
The Navy Arms 92s I saw had really nice walnut stocks and superb w/m fit and finish.
Unfortunately you can't get new ones any more.
The NA Rossis were essentially Rossis with walnut and QC.
The LGS that special ordered mine for me ended up ordering and selling a lot of them.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Here are a few images of my new Rossi 92.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks good
Gman56

Post by Gman56 »

WOW!! I like it there is something about A 16 IN SRC big loop that all the other rifle lack!Please let us know how she shoots!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice looking rifle!
Michael