Rossi 92 .357 purchase from Davidson's Gallery of Guns

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92 .357 purchase from Davidson's Gallery of Guns

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for your reply Kevin and welcome to the forum.
Michael
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

I apologize for not getting this posted sooner. A short while after following through with Kevin Wilsons suggestion and speaking to Diane Anderson of Davidson's, a bad wind storm struck central Ohio, where I live. As a result we don't have any electrical or phone service. I did feel a need to get this posted so I searched and found a McDonalds with internet service in a not to distant town.

Anyhow, in speaking to Diane, she was very pleasant and understanding of my situation. She offered to send me a new Rossi 92, which I will receive by overnight air at my FFL. She explained that Davidson's can not check all of the guns they send out because of the sheer number of transactions taking place on a daily basis and because of the fact that most customers prefer to receive a factory sealed box. I understand this.

This "above and beyond" attempt to satisfy a customer and preserve their well deserved good reputation convinces me that Davidson's is a "stand-up" company and a great option when considering a firearm purchase. I only wish that I had tried them sooner. All of the big box firearm stores near me make it clear, (if you read the small print) that if you experience any problems with any firearm you purchase from them, the problems have to be handled through the manufacturer. They will simply will not accept any returns. Davidson's satisfaction guarantee is unique.

I sincerely thank you Kevin and Diane for your help. All of my future firearm purchases will be through Davidsons.

Esel
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I feel you on this I was at work when it hit we all got sent home. no power. I am in hancock county and was in Findlay when it hit. I was reading by oil lantern ( kerosene hurricane lanterns not the glass ones LoL)I fill them with standard lamp oil and have a few I use cintrennela with when night fishing these two I used are only for emergency use alot better than candles last night no power hot no ac terrible :shock: . I hope you and yours property and all are ok as we have alot of tree damage and such we are in the process of cleaning up now. Best wishes to you and yours on the cleanup.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sure is a lot of weird weather across the country and I'm glad you guys are okay!

The fact that Kevin would get on a public forum and represent his outfit in response speaks volumes about Davidison's. I've been a long time at this and I don't know if I've ever seen anybody else want to engage the public on an issue. Can you imagine someone from Rossi participating on a representative level? Isn't going to happen. When forums started blossoming about 15 years ago, manufacturers like Marlin hosted their own forums but found they could not close them fast enough. It is really unusual to find even a distributor level outfit that would address the public and it shows that Davidison's is very open and confident in the conduct of their business!

I have a "back in stock" notification setup on Davidson's for a R92 56001, 357 Mag Scout Rifle, and will damned sure feel confident in the purchase. I missed out about a month ago, received the notice while working out in the pasture, but by the time I got inside the 2 they had received where gone. I tried to buy the rifle on my smart phone but I did not have a credit card with me and had to come back to the house for it.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree ranch dog another good company I am a fan of is ATI chris a sale rep for them is hands on in the ar15.com forums for the GSG5 for some of the issues they had and they were hands on as well Nice to have a few companies that care enough to get it right thank you to all that do. That is why I will be buyiong the STG44 22 replica they have coming out. You earn loyal followers when you do the right thing.
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Thanks for the concern in reference to the storm akuser47. Three days and two nights without lights and air was pretty tough. I need to find some of those lanterns now! Finally got the electric service back online an hour ago. You really have to hand it those workers responsible for fixing everything. I can't imagine working around the clock in this record heat. Like you, we have trees and wires down everywhere. I'm in Knox county near Mount Vernon. We watched the trees bending over and snapping from our patio door. Glad you and your family got through this as well. How does anyone make it through some of those real disasters like mega-tornadoes, etc?

Needless to say, I'm impressed with Davidson's. I'd really like a stainless 92 with a longer barrel, something to go along with the 92 ,16" that I'll have Monday. I will be purchasing it through them. I only wish they were easier to get though. They seem to be difficult to get in stock.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Now that I have a stainless Vaqeuro I want a stainless 92 in 45LC so I hope to aqiure one beens it seems that .45LC are easier to find as it seemed in my search for my current .357 model 92. I hope they are when I have the money saved up. LoL As for the lanterns I am speaking of they carry them at walmart like 6 bucks a piece in the camping supplies then go to there incense candle area they have lamp oil that you can burn inside and have cheap and plentiful light I bought the centronella oil as well for night fishing works good darn moths cover my electric lanterns so flames are the way to go. We just had another system move through not as bad but had my power going on and off again All this wind and not much water here we need some steady rain Our bushel prices are going to be really high at the yeaild rate they are at now so all food price will go up if we don't get some rain to turn the crop yeild before it's to late. ok enough off topic banter sorry to O.P. fo that I babble on lol and sorry for my terrible grammer as well tyo all that put up with it. :geek:
BobSki

Post by BobSki »

We have a similar issue here in England. There are not very many (if any) firearms dealers that would carry a stock of guns enough to allow a buyer to go through a selection prcocess such as described by Pricedo in an earlier post.

We pretty much have to order what we want and hope for the best. I have just placed my order for my .357/.38 Puma 92 in Stainless Steel with 24" Octagon barrel. As soon as my firearms licence is retuned to me with the permission to purchase I will be off to my chosen dealer (E.D. Simpsons, Shepshed, Leicestershire) to collect my new toy. I certainly hope that it is from the good batch and not the bad. :|
GunnieKev

Post by GunnieKev »

Thanks Esel and everyone else for the kind words. Davidson's does indeed take its service and the satisfaction of our customers very seriously. I'm glad we were able to work everything out and sincerely hope everyone made it through the recent storms ok.

Again, if anyone ever needs assistance from Davidson's Gallery of Guns - do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kevin Wilson
Davidson's Gallery of Guns
www.galleryofguns.com
www.facebook/galleryofguns

kevin.wilson@davidsonsinc.com
Gman56

Post by Gman56 »

Hi I have never seen a Rossi rifle in the rack in NJ! I just ordered a Steves Gunz 92. A 16in 357.The cost is high$827 but I will not have to worry if it will work!The 92 is my favorite rifle!Years asgo I had a nice collection of lever guns.Browning b92s in 357 and 44 the best built lever gun I have owned!And winchester trappers wranglers also new and old 94s. Then I caught the black rifle disease. My levers soon went down the road.Now Ive gone full circle and back to leverguns. Alot has changed in 30 yrs!The real winchester is gone cant get a new B92. I won on GB a interarms 92 in 45 lc I hope she works!Alot of people say Steve is the man for rossi 92s I will find out.Every one have a safe 4th of July!