The new self-made rear sight...and one more...and the last

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dalek

Re: The new self-made rear sight

Post by dalek »

vtoran wrote:Glad You like it.
One of the owners Rossi92 in 357/38 said, that my sight is too high for him. Does anyone has any problem?
Frankly, I made it for .454 (which is in my possession).
Er, I thought the part with the peep could be filed down a bit if it was too high.

In any case, I buggered mine a bit while trying to install it. I did not press it all the way down and the pin that hold the safety thingie bit through the metal. I think the inside got a bit dented so I will ask a friend, who did magic to fix a part in my revolver, to do his magic. So, Shame on me!

As soon as I get it back I will try it out but in the 92 and the RH and decide which one it would fit better.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

I have changed design of my rear sight a little. This way it looks more "ancient".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks really good nice work. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Some of my sights are now in USA (more than a year), but unfortunately nobody is writing a word about the shooting experience with it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

vtoran wrote:Some of my sights are now in USA (more than a year), but unfortunately nobody is writing a word about the shooting experience with it.
I've been wondering the same! Any reports?
Michael
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

I have followed this string on the unique rear adjustable site since it started. Always been interested in trying a peep, but I replaced my original front site early on with a hooded reticle & this has created some rear sight issues. I really like the reticle, so whatever I end up with for the rear will have to work with it. Two problems arise from my reticle front sight....it requires my existing buckhorn rear be set at its lowest(which is darn near on the deck)to zero the rifle at 100yds(the sight picture is workable, but not ideal).....also, I've tried a Marbles Bullseye for the rear & it will not adjust low enough. The 2nd problem is I'm not sure what kind of sight picture it will be with the peep/reticle combo.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Very cool! How's about a tang mounted peep?
lonestarjeff

Post by lonestarjeff »

HarryAlonzo wrote:Very cool! How's about a tang mounted peep?
I like the idea, in fact a couple of years ago I heard Taurus made one for awhile that fit the M92. I mailed an inquiry to them(seems like there was an order form around somewhere you could print & mail)& never got a response.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Yes, the Taurus one is vaporware. The only ones I know of are made by Marbles and Lyman.
vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Now I have one spare sight. If somebody needs it, please contact me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.