Picked Up My Second 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picked Up My Second 92

Post by Ranch Dog »

Chambered in the same configuration as my first, with the forward scope mount and extended, synthetic comb. Kind of surprised to see that it was a BrazTech rifle through Davidson. Goes to show some dealers do not know what they have as I was told it was a Puma. I have an inspection period and was a bit ready for anything when I saw the Rossi box.

The short of it is that fit and finish is outstanding. I had taken five dummy rounds with my 290-grain bullets to cycle through the rifle and it moved these .454" bullets without any effort. I brought it on home and started the prep work but will not get to shoot it for a day or two as I need to get caught up around here. I'm going to mount a NcSTAR 2.75X22 Scout scope on the rifle, just like that of my 44 Mag rifle. The barrels cut is .4410"/.4504", probably will size my .454 bullet down to .452". Already registered it with RossiUSA, it was built this year, and then registered it with Davidson. Have the components of the Steve Gun'z kit already sitting here and those parts will be put on rather quickly. That includes the safety lever plug as well.

The 45 Colt has a pretty lame 16.0K PSI limit (CIP). Made some chamber comparisons against my 44 Mag rifle and will go ahead and work it up to 34.5K PSI initial. That ought to hurt on both ends with that 290-grain bullet!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Picked Up My Second 92

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Chambered in the same configuration as my first, with the forward scope mount and extended, synthetic comb. Kind of surprised to see that it was a BrazTech rifle through Davidson. Goes to show some dealers do not know what they have as I was told it was a Puma. I have an inspection period and was a bit ready for anything when I saw the Rossi box.

The short of it is that fit and finish is outstanding. I had taken five dummy rounds with my 290-grain bullets to cycle through the rifle and it moved these .454" bullets without any effort. I brought it on home and started the prep work but will not get to shoot it for a day or two as I need to get caught up around here. I'm going to mount a NcSTAR 2.75X22 Scout scope on the rifle, just like that of my 44 Mag rifle. The barrels cut is .4410"/.4504", probably will size my .454 bullet down to .452". Already registered it with RossiUSA, it was built this year, and then registered it with Davidson. Have the components of the Steve Gun'z kit already sitting here and those parts will be put on rather quickly. That includes the safety lever plug as well.

The 45 Colt has a pretty lame 16.0K PSI limit (CIP). Made some chamber comparisons against my 44 Mag rifle and will go ahead and work it up to 34.5K PSI initial. That ought to hurt on both ends with that 290-grain bullet!
Congrats on the gun & the cautionary inspection.
I found the best way to deal with fate is not to tempt it. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Congratulations on the new 45 Colt RD. Right place at the right time it would seem, to pick up what you were looking for. Waiting to hear how she shoots for you. DP
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: Goes to show some dealers do not know what they have as I was told it was a Puma.
Car dealers, card dealers, home dealers, all dealers have a thread of commonality running through the whole bunch of them...........specifically stated, they're all full of "BULL RECYCLED HAY"(aka potato fertilizer) :lol: ........I know.......I used to be one.
When I shopped for Rossis I noticed a wide range (fair - very good) in the fit & finish criterion. The best guns functionally were not always the best looking ones.
I know of what I speak........a lot of "prospect" Rossis have passed through my hands to find themselves back on the rack.
They knew the gun wasn't exactly what you specified but they picked an exceptionally good looking one from the lot knowing that most successful pitches are made visually and that most expectant buyers do not want to leave the store empty handed.
They predicted you'd fall in love with the gun as soon as you saw it..........they were right.
Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
phonejack

Post by phonejack »

sounds like a good "fun" gun. keep us posted!