S Gunz spring and follower question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Dad45

S Gunz spring and follower question

Post by Dad45 »

Hello, a question for those who have used the Steves Gunz spring and follower kit.
I have the Steves Gunz spring and follower for my 92 20" 44 mag, my question is that the original spring fits into the plastic follower while the new spring is a bit larger in diameter and rests up against the old and new follower's rather than fitting inside them. seems to work fine but I wonder if at some time the spring may somehow get caught between the tube wall and follower? strange things can happen.
I can of course contact Steves but if this is normal by your experience I will know as well
Thanks
Dad45
Dad45

Re: S Gunz spring and follower question

Post by Dad45 »

OK well now I know when one posts the site brings up similar topics one of which may have answered my question, Hmmm always learning. New to this forum as you can see, I will sit back and do my usual lurking i guess
Dad45

Post by Dad45 »

well on the suggestion from another thread I tried to thread the spring into the follower and it just doesnt seem like its going to happen, I can get it started but it wants to exit the follower cock-eyed and would rub against the inside of the tube. I emailed Steve's and will wait for a response
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

IF you are trying to 'thread' it you want to keep in mind that if you are twisting it as you are trying to insert it into the follower it will naturally want to get bigger in diameter if you are twisting it in the direction of the cut end and it may want to get smaller in diameter if you twist it in the opposite direction with the cut end trailing.
There may not be a lot of difference but it might be enough to make a difference.

To keep it from canting I'd expect you to need to get most of a coil into the follower.
Dad45

Post by Dad45 »

Archer wrote:IF you are trying to 'thread' it you want to keep in mind that if you are twisting it as you are trying to insert it into the follower it will naturally want to get bigger in diameter if you are twisting it in the direction of the cut end and it may want to get smaller in diameter if you twist it in the opposite direction with the cut end trailing.
There may not be a lot of difference but it might be enough to make a difference.

To keep it from canting I'd expect you to need to get most of a coil into the follower.
I think you are correct on all counts, when I get some time I may give it another whirl
Thanks
Dad45

Post by Dad45 »

Reply from Steves Gunz

“First thanks for buying my stuff. If you use the finished end of the spring it doesn’t need to go into the follower. If you use the cut end it will go.”

That pretty much answers my question
That was a quick response, great costumer service I would say!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Dad45 wrote:Reply from Steves Gunz

“First thanks for buying my stuff. If you use the finished end of the spring it doesn’t need to go into the follower. If you use the cut end it will go.”

That pretty much answers my question
That was a quick response, great costumer service I would say!
Yeah, don't worry about cutting the spring if you need a better fit.

And welcome to the best Rossi 92 forum out there. Lots of good advice from the members here.