Stock now allows full extraction and loading

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Meirbubba

Stock now allows full extraction and loading

Post by Meirbubba »

I brought my Rossi Circuit Judge to the Stock Doctor in Grants Pass, Oregon early last week to have my stock sanded and dremmeled to allow a full five cartridge speed loader for my 45/410 ammo. The stock is no longer in the way to load or unload all five 45/410 ammo. He was very reasonable and only took a week. Why didn't Rossi do this?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stock now allows full extraction and loading

Post by Ranch Dog »

Meirbubba wrote:I brought my Rossi Circuit Judge to the Stock Doctor in Grants Pass, Oregon early last week to have my stock sanded and dremmeled to allow a full five cartridge speed loader for my 45/410 ammo. The stock is no longer in the way to load or unload all five 45/410 ammo. He was very reasonable and only took a week. Why didn't Rossi do this?
We I looked at one today, the thought of loading with a loader failed to enter my mind but I can see why that would be important. You might drop Rossi a letter via US Mail detailing your stock.I sure would like to see some range results with the rifle and will look forward to any reports you can provide.
Michael
TearDropFan

Post by TearDropFan »

Hello Meirbubba,

My wife and I are getting closer to the purchase of a Circuit Judge also. I have explained my reasons in the 'Introductions' section. The idea of removing some of the stock to allow the shells to drop free and to be able to use a speed loader made a lot of sense to me. I don't know if this forum allows pictures to be posted or not, but, if it does could you show a photo of your gun with the work on the stock? I am pretty handy with wood and was wondering just how the "Stock Doctor" accomplished this modification. My wife has family in Central Point and when we pull our Tear Drop up there, I would like to stop by and talk to the gentleman in Grants Pass also. Could you please post his contact information?

I'll also send you a PM and include my personal e-mail address so you could share the information there just in case he wants to stay under the radar. You could also include a picture or two of the work on your Carbine, if you wouldn't mind. Could you also show the work done to the cylinder, etc?

Many thanks, Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm interested in seeing the pictures and any more info as well. If I find a 44 Mag and everything is right on it, it is as well as mine. I really like the sights on the CJ, I wish they were used on the Rio Grande.
Michael
Meirbubba

Post by Meirbubba »

I will post pictures next week when I get it back from the armorer who is doing an Action Job (similar to Steve Gunz) and a Cylinder Chamfer.
I'm able to use a speed loader built for five rounds. Also all the spent ammo just drops out without having to turn the cylinder.
BloodGroove4570

Post by BloodGroove4570 »

Meirbubba wrote:I brought my Rossi Circuit Judge to the Stock Doctor in Grants Pass, Oregon early last week to have my stock sanded and dremmeled to allow a full five cartridge speed loader for my 45/410 ammo. The stock is no longer in the way to load or unload all five 45/410 ammo. He was very reasonable and only took a week. Why didn't Rossi do this?

OK so i bought the C Judge also and im having the loading/unloading problem with the stock being in the way to fully extract 410 loads. The shells hit the upper part of the grip.
Did you have the same problem with ejecting 45LC loads? I havent tried 45's yet.

Thanks alot
BloodGroove4570
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Me want photo +corn
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

in for a photos as well +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I was shooting today and looking at the stock, if I could make right be left, and left right, I hink a speed loader would work.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.