Forum Member Needs Our Assistance

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Member Needs Our Assistance

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks, fellows! Please do what you can, the holidays seem to have slowed it down a bit.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

hey guys!
here's my update for today - posted earlier on Lee Loader forum...thank you all!

I had my surgery 2 days ago and i'm doing alright. much less painful than my operation in june, since this one only was one tendon reattached instead of 3. just had to get back here and report in.

my wife is doing great in her recovery, so she is walking dogs etc while i'm down at present.

looks like i'm a bit off on my recovery estimate though, i'm off work 8 weeks. not back until feb 1 wow!

ok more later this is real slow typing one finger, left handed (i'm right arm dominant)

take care
adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hang in there Adam, my prayers continue!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Good afternoon, Rossi Riflemen family!

Adam Lee here, aka alphalimafoxtrot, with a few words of appreciation and thanks to all of you for showing your support and kindness towards my wife and my family.

To just say "thank you" doesn't feel like it is enough. What has happened, which is so incredibly positive and uplifting for my wife and myself, is that you and other fine folks gave financial and spiritual support when we really needed it.
There's very few if any times in my life I can recall where I had felt like there was no way out of a tough predicament or just no good outcome for a situation like the one I we found ourselves in this year. And even though it was a huge psychological hurdle to jump, making the choice to openly ask for help to get a grip on our medical financial shortfall just enough relief to keep my family afloat and healthy.

When people who you only know via online forums and usergroups step up to give kind words and financial backing to others, what can someone who has benefitted from that outpouring of compassion do that truly shows that those acts of kindness are so deeply appreciated?

I am at a loss to figure out an answer to my own question. In the meantime, rest assured that each of you and your families who took the time to help my family out are always thought if with immense gratitude.

I am trying to disable the gofundme page I created so that people don't feel obligated to continue to make further donations, even though our final tally was not exactly close to the target we envisioned. We are able to get loans and temporary credit while we recover, and do not wish to turn this into a drawn-out pity party since we are fortunate enough to be able to qualify for loans while we know so many cannot. Other people are worse off than us, so we want to be sure that those who truly need can receive help just like we did.

If this ramble is too long and boring to read at once, boy you'll never believe how hard it was to type it with one hand! :roll: +guns

Plus I spent an inordinate time editing my typos. +zzz

BTW my shoulder is much less painful than the other one in June - lucky for that. Chris is doing so well that she is keeping me in line, making sure I don't cheat and take my shoulder immobilizer sling off when she's not looking!!!

OK guys. That's it - we both wanted you to hear from us and make sure you are all heroes in our book!

Adam aka alphalimafoxtrot
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank you for the update, Adam. Once again, you show us that you are a guy who takes care of business. For me, it is uplifting to help others, especially those that are as responsible as you are.
Michael