First Shooting of one of my Circuit Judges

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
ArmedDefender

First Shooting of one of my Circuit Judges

Post by ArmedDefender »

I finally got out to thse range to shoot and sight-in one of my Circuit Judge rifles.

I took 20 rounds of Winchester .45 Colt ammo and set a target out at 50 yards.

I was very happy with the recoil. It was lighter than I expected. I shot my best group ever with 3 shots touching after I adjusted the rear sight. I have no idea I would be able to group 3 so close without a scope!

The only negative was the stock where it met my face. I quickly learned to not put my face too hard against the "Tuffy" stock as what recoil there was tended to squish my upper lip. A slight head angle adjustment took care of that.

The RSO was watching because the CJ is still an unusual gun. He was also surprised by the light recoil.

All in all, it was a fun gun to shoot. The trigger was smooth and the rifle was easy to hold and control. I'm happy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Shooting of one of my Circuit Judges

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wow that is a great group! Yeah that Tuffy stock is hard to shoot. I had one on a shotgun and ended up replacing it with a shotgun butt stock. Looking forward to more reports!
Michael