Buffalo Bore Ammo

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Old Vagabond

Buffalo Bore Ammo

Post by Old Vagabond »

Hey....have any of you ever tried out the Buffalo Bore ammo for the CJ? It came recommended as a good heavy load std pressure with good ballistics.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buffalo Bore Ammo

Post by Ranch Dog »

Look at the Similar Topics below. There is one concern the BB & CJ. Didn't look at it but it might get you there.
Michael
Old Vagabond

Post by Old Vagabond »

Thanks...yeah I forgot about that. I am thinking of getting a scope for the rifle and Leupold has the windage and elevation knobs that they will set up for your particular ammo. I was thinking of doing that but cannot decide on what would be the best ammo so that I can give them the ballistics. I read a lot of this stuff, but don't understand much as I have been out of it for a long time. I wanted a round that would have good ballistics but a bullet that would be heavy...225 grains or more. No handloading though...I don't do that.
Chiefeis

Post by Chiefeis »

Old Vagabond wrote:Hey....have any of you ever tried out the Buffalo Bore ammo for the CJ? It came recommended as a good heavy load std pressure with good ballistics.
I bought a box of the standard pressure Keith-type. Have only shot them at the range but was not impressed with them. I found the Hornady FTX (in either 185 or 225gr) were much more accurate.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

One thing I learned shooting the CJ. I bet most yall knew this.
What heavy lead can do down range.
I load 230 grain Xtremes in mine. Heavy boowits bust up things when I shoot em.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.