Rabbit Hunting Season

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Rabbit Hunting Season

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Well, come first of next month here in Utah is when the seasons are all open for the Upland Game I like to hunt.
So I will be screwing the choke in the end of the Circuit Judge and counting shot shells.
The Rabbit season is open now, I just can't bring my self to shoot one unless its in the snow, or good and frozen.
The flees are bad before that.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rabbit Hunting Season

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:Well, come first of next month here in Utah is when the seasons are all open for the Upland Game I like to hunt.
So I will be screwing the choke in the end of the Circuit Judge and counting shot shells.
The Rabbit season is open now, I just can't bring my self to shoot one unless its in the snow, or good and frozen.
The flees are bad before that.
Good luck with the hunting and remember; we like pictures!
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

For years now bunnies been hard to find. Last year I started seeing more, the one under the Rossi got eaten in a motel room, cooked in the back of my work van.
The proclamation says only shot shells of #7 or smaller shot may be used. Hand guns with shot shell ammo may be used. I read this to say, no more 22?, most dissagree with me. i would like to use my 22 pellet rifle.
But I am happy with the Rossi.
410 too small for turkey, must have 28 ga or higher..? : :?:
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

It sounds like your game laws are about as screwy as ours here in Kansas. I love to hunt and eat rabbits, but they have been scarce here for quite a few years. I think part of the problem is making hawks, owls and other predatory birds protected species. Another issue is lack of cover compared to when we were all young'uns.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Awesome good luck once you get your first freeze. Keep us posted to your hunts
Feral cats from stupid people are thinning out rabbits in our country areas around here. I used to hunt railroad tracks in the country side. I would scare out tones of rabbits with my beagles I trained when I was younger, and in those days a stray cat in your yard was moving target for practice. The last time I ran my buddies beagles for fun to see if an area was good to hunt. I scared out more than 20 cats in a 3mile stretch of railroad track brush. Its illegal to kill a cat in Ohio to me it should be open season like feral hogs in Texas. It doesn't belong out there invasive specie. The number of cats around here even worse in big cities I used to trap them and take them to human society now they want me to pay 25 bucks per cat last winter I caught 28 cats. No thanks I will not talk about that further sorry but I miss rabbit hunting and now its rare to get your limit near my city. I have to go further south were there's more predators killing the cats. Maybe someday I'll get me that putty tat. You just never know what that putty tat is thinking
Plus they scheming behind our backs I photographic proof
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok I'm done lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Deleted User 2964

Post by Deleted User 2964 »

Wow that picture just freaked me out. I agree to dang many cats runnin around wild.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Shshsh! be vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits....
Elmer Fudd 2.jpg
Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit! KILL THE WABBIT! and how will you kill the wabbit? with my speer and magic helmet...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Seriously, I hear you. coyotes, and poachers are an issue here.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Bibletotingunslinger wrote: The proclamation says only shot shells of #7 or smaller shot may be used. Hand guns with shot shell ammo may be used. I read this to say, no more 22?, most dissagree with me. i would like to use my 22 pellet rifle.
But I am happy with the Rossi.
410 too small for turkey, must have 28 ga or higher..? : :?:
:oops: I screwed up,,,,,,
I whooped out the proclamation and read the fine detail under Sand Hill Crane, is an exclusion for Cotton Tail Rabbit and snow shoe hair,, Any gun except a machine gun,

Somebody's gonna have to talk to them guys that fly around in them helicopters with those 50 cal. BMG hangin out the door out there......I had 2 fly over low yesterday, almost like they are saying,"We got you out gunned" My dog run and hid, I just stood there with my pellet gun lookin stupid.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

My business is in a slow spot,,,, so I loaded up Miss Rosie, my best friend, and went scouting for game.
It is my honest opinion that if any person, animal or empty beer can sits in one place in Utah,s west desert, for 4 hours, a bullet will pass through you.
On a 3 day weekend its worse.
There are only 2 rabbits, they are mutated from nuclear waste, and have turned green to match the landscape.
You will never see one complete, only a shadow, like a ghost. Possibly not really rabbits, I suspect Short Grey Alien. . :x :shock:
So much for the Oquirrh Mountain.
Next mountain west, Stansburry, no quite as bad, I did spot quail.
40 mile drive, just to shoot at a small flock of quail,
There is still lots of other places to go where they don’t dump toxic waste, :mrgreen: