Hey Michael, have you seen this?

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Hey Michael, have you seen this?

Post by Steelbanger »

Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey Michael, have you seen this?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looks a little suspect to me, like someone intentionally fired a cartridge that was beyond the SAAMI/CIP spec of 14.0K PSI/CUP. Did you notice the string on the trigger, someone was expecting something to happen.

Also noticed the fellows on leverguns and shooting.com attacked the CJ like a pack of jackals. I suspect they have never even held one in their hands let alone shot or owned one. Kind of makes me like a firearm even more 8-) My SCJ44 has been busy killing hogs is all I can say. It is my "ranch rifle", getting ready to head out back with it right now to pull some game cameras.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Looks a little suspect to me, like someone intentionally fired a cartridge that was beyond the SAAMI/CIP spec of 14.0K PSI/CUP. Did you notice the string on the trigger, someone was expecting something to happen.

Also noticed the fellows on leverguns and shooting.com attacked the CJ like a pack of jackals. I suspect they have never even held one in their hands let alone shot or owned one. Kind of makes me like a firearm even more 8-) My SCJ44 has been busy killing hogs is all I can say. It is my "ranch rifle", getting ready to head out back with it right now to pull some game cameras.
Gun forums abound with these nay-saying parrot morons. :evil:
There is no end to their inane interjections into just about every thread though they have in most cases never fired or even handled the firearm or equipment being discussed.
I don't give their nonsensical babble an iota of credence but they do get very, very tiresome like a branch rubbing against a window in the wind.
Ironically, we can thank these idiots for the creation of this forum which is a breath of fresh air. :D

I would want to be a long way from that gun when it exploded.
A good pictorial reminder of why we should all work up our loads safely and do our research on the limitations of each & every firearm we reload ammo for.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Felt so sorry for my SCJ44, that I'm consoling her in a tower blind this evening!
2.jpg
Actually, that gentle hill is home for a couple of good bucks, I want to see them first hand as I will do what I do every year; put my Dad on a good whitetail. This feed pen is closed to hogs but they have been trying to dig under them. That's where the CJ comes in, I can kill two before they get to any brush

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

I didn't read all the replies so I missed the string-on-trigger photo. Case full of Bullseye, then stand back & pull the string?

Good luck in the blind.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Steelbanger wrote:I didn't read all the replies so I missed the string-on-trigger photo. Case full of Bullseye, then stand back & pull the string?

Good luck in the blind.
And hope the shrapnel for the explosion kills something beside you. :mrgreen:
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

No one really "Wildcats" nowadays but that is how some of the big names did it. Put it across a tire with the butt of the stock inside the tire, keep pulling the string until it blows up and then back off a bit with the next gun.

No hogs, they must of heard that the CJ was in the pasture. I did see a load of mature bucks. A total of 7, all heavy horned 8 pointers that would make anyone happy. So that will make it easy for my dad. I also saw the deer I would like to take. Only a 7 pt but he is 7 1/2 years old. Not as impressive as he once was but I know this fellow well. Smart and worthy.

Got'ta change the picture size!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steelbanger wrote:I didn't read all the replies so I missed the string-on-trigger photo. Case full of Bullseye, then stand back & pull the string?
Hey Frank, I do appreciate you bring this to the forum. It wouldn't surprise me if it was somebody intentionally seeing what it would do if a 454 Casull or a 444 Marlin cartridge was stuck in. Kind of like those two fellows that shot the 444 Marlin round through the Rossi Single Shot 410. It held together.
joec wrote:And hope the shrapnel for the explosion kills something beside you. :mrgreen:
:D
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've actually have found an oddity with the CJ but not really ready to detail it as I want to take some chamber casts and talk with Braztech. The forcing cone is over diameter, although there is no industry spec on the relationship between cylinder throat to cone, and forward of the cone there is additional leade/throat up to the rifling. I suspect it is either an effort to eliminate any problems with a tolerance/timing error between cylinder and barrel or a way to dissipate chamber pressures quicker. What the shooter sees is a rifle that doesn't match velocity predictions with complete data. A little too much airspace forward of the forcing cone creating a pressure loss. More in a later topic.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I been wondering how to remove the cyl........Bullseye,,,,,,,,,,
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.