Rattle Snake Ammo

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Rattle Snake Ammo

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Any body ever seen Rattle Snake ammo for Colt 45 or 410? so far I just load up with #8 shot,,,,,
I have snake shot for the 38/357 Revolver, and 22,,,,

We tripped over one here back when my brother was alive, I don't know why he had a shot gun that day.
I kept the rattles till my wife's cat got em.
My son made a hat band out of one he killed.
I've been places in August, where I walk ever so careful. :shock:
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rattle Snake Ammo

Post by Ranch Dog »

I would think that just about anything would do. It has been a while since I looked at the CJ Owner's Manual but you would need to meet the choke tube needs for shotshells and I would think that would include 45 Colt shot shells.

With my Tuffy I use Remington Express Long Range 7 1/2s. Best snake gun I've ever owned. Haven't seen one since I bought it. Was seeing them everyday before that!
tuffy_03A.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's insurance, like carrying a spare fan belt, ever since I got one, never needed it. +1
Actually my reloads are 7 shot,,,,I just don't do well with factory stuff, Like eating dinner at the mother in laws house first time, "Yes maam, Vey nice",, just cant wait till its over...
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

If price was better and I needed to worry about snakes. Taurus judge or the prettier smith n Wesson governor. but cost wise I see no need for either. maybe if I was on the cast of the treasure hunt reality show snake island. I don't miss the snakes you all in the west need to worry about. cottonmouth is as bad as it gets around here.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

I couldn't find the pic I wanted, Population here in the valley is thinning over the years with construction.
Rare to see one in town, but they can be found in any of the mountains.
Here's one in town. Out in Riverton. I stole this pic off the internet, if I saw this in my back yard, I'd be off to the shed for the weed sprayer and a can of gas. I don't talk about it much, as it's an every time I go out thing, it's like walking on thin ice sometimes, looking under every bush, rock, :shock:
The Standard self defence round for a desert dweller in a revolver is 2 or 3 snake shot and 3 hollow points, that's the order of threat.
Utah.jpg
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/417863/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

There are rattlesnakes in Kansas, but I've never seen any in my neck of the woods. (NE part of the state) I see an occasional copperhead, and when I can, I dispatch them with a .38 special lead FP bullet. I have a few .357 snakes loads from CCI, but have never tried them.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

rman wrote:There are rattlesnakes in Kansas, but I've never seen any in my neck of the woods. (NE part of the state) I see an occasional copperhead, and when I can, I dispatch them with a .38 special lead FP bullet. I have a few .357 snakes loads from CCI, but have never tried them.
I have some of them CCI thing too, I shot some at a jug of water,,,,,,not sure if it would do much to a snake.

I have been told a story by a customer up in Ogden Utah.
He was a kid, asleep in his bed in the basement. It was fall, things move in to keep warm.
He woke up one morning to a rattler coiled up on top of him, I guess the toss of a blanket and he was outa there.
So his mom told his dad to go check it out. Dad finds no snake and writes it off as a bad dream.
Thanks giving his mom asks his dad to help find what stinks in the basement, he found the snake.

I just can't bring my self to think of one as a pet. And I have no guilt when I shoot one.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My neighbor was riding a horse near where I was working earlier in the year and saw a fairly large rattlesnake so he dismounted and shot at it at close range with the 38 Spl snake shot. Missed three time, his fourth cartridge was a lead bullet which hit it in the head. He has dropped the snake shot now and used a lead bullet.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Thanks for that post Ranch Dog, I shot some out of my 38 at a milk jug full of water, half of them bounced off.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

the rifling can be a problem with the shot capsules. I have a TC barrel in 44 Mag that is set up with a "choke" to allow shooting shot capsules with some effect, I've taken squirrels with it. Without the choke screwed on you make get the capsule to break but no pattern to speak of of. Most of the time you get a short range plastic "bullet" that tumbles.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image