Replacement CJ not as accurate?

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
retAFShooter

Replacement CJ not as accurate?

Post by retAFShooter »

I had my replacement CJ out at the range yesterday. I think I'm finding out that the replacement is not as accurate as my original one (see earlier post "CJ .44 mag still shooting pretty good"). Here is a video from yesterday: (of course, it could be the shooter was a little shaky too :) )

[youtube][/youtube]
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetAFShooter
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replacement CJ not as accurate?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Maybe it just needs to be shot a bit. Did they completely replace the rifle just for the cracked stock?
Michael
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

Ranch Dog, when I got so upset with them taking so long to fix the stock, my local dealer went out on the internet and found one that he bought to replace mine being fixed. I guess he will sell the old one if Rossi ever gets it fixed.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, that is upsetting. I just sent a Single Shot in and in that they are not in production anymore, I expect the worse.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Best I could think is redeveloped a load that suits it. Maybe you'll find a new load that she likes and all will end well my hats off to your dealer taking on that responsibility. I think you owe him a beer.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

It turned out that my scope rail was coming loose. When I took it out to the range this week I noticed it was still shooting erratically and touched the scope to see if it was loose. It was the rail that was coming loose. When I got home, I took it off and noted that it looked like at least one screw looked stripped. So I looked at the screws from a recently acquired Rossi single shot rail and they fit these taps nicely. So I replaced the tap screws and blued lock tighted it. I'll try it out on my next trip to the range.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

Video of the loose rail:

[youtube][/youtube]
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear you was able to figure this one out. This is one thing I do with all my all my firearms especially the Rossi's when I bought them. The CJs, R92 SRCs, Rio Grandes, Single Shots, and Wizard all came with bases attached all all had issues with them being loose or striped. Didn't find a one that was right.

The people assembling them seem to think that it matters how much Loctite is applied to the base rather than just the screw threads as all had it applied on the bases as if they wanted to glue it down.

Technically, they are not (Picatinny rails), they don't have the spec slot spacing. They are just a Rossi base.
Michael
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

Ok, Here are the results of the fix I made to the loose scope rail on my replacement Circuit Judge. I took it out to the range again today and had to make a few scope adjustments along the way, and finally got it as good as I'm going to get it without putting it in the Caldwell Lead Sled.

[youtube][/youtube]
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Thank you for posting this stuff, I was happy with mine except for the cylinder had rotation issues, I was too scared to send it to them, eventually my gunsmith pal and I fixed it, cost to me of course. Mine is a Colt 45/410. But he did some things to it that would help any revolver. I'm happy now, hope yours is good.

Just to compare, my wife and I each got Taurus Revolvers, I called Taurus and cried about the grip and other hardware, I told them I could put it on my self, they sent the parts for free. One of the guys who worked for me sent his Judge in, they fixed it and had it back within 2 weeks.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.