the synthetic stock and "handedness"

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
pellicle

the synthetic stock and "handedness"

Post by pellicle »

Hi

as it happens I'm a left hander and the CJ is seeming like an interesting gun to add to my cabinet. So I have a few quick questions.

As the nearest shop with one to hold is about 80Km from here (about 50 miles) I have not yet held one. The cracking issues I read about here make me inclined towards the polycarbonate stock, but the curve of the 'hole' in the stock seems like it would make holding it left handed awkward.

So if anyone has one, and doesn't mind having a go of holding it left handed I'd be keen to hear if it fouls your hand or not.

If it does, do you think it would be amenable to "cutting back" to make it "leftie operable"??

Lastly, does the cracking mainly effect the wooden stocks? So are the poly stocks "rugged" I guess is the question.

Thanks
DennisH

Re: the synthetic stock and "handedness"

Post by DennisH »

I tried holding mine left handed and it seems fine. It just felt funny since I am right handed. Mine is the synthetic one. Well actually the wife's. It is fun to shoot and we have a red dot on it. When anyone comes over it is the one everyone wants to try out.