CJ Sight Screw Size?

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
GaryinOh

CJ Sight Screw Size?

Post by GaryinOh »

Called today to find if they had plug scews for the sight holes on a CJ . Answer was No ,so I asked if they knew the screw size same answer No. So does anybody knew the size and where to find them.I know they are smaller than 6-48.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CJ Sight Screw Size?

Post by Ranch Dog »

GaryinOh wrote:Called today to find if they had plug scews for the sight holes on a CJ . Answer was No ,so I asked if they knew the screw size same answer No. So does anybody knew the size and where to find them.I know they are smaller than 6-48.
Welcome to the forum Gary. If someone doesn't have the answer you might need to call Rossi to determine the size. I also hope if you figure it out, that you will please post the size. You are talking about both the front and rear sight? I did send Andy at Skinner Sights an email to see if he knows as he offers replacement sights for most of the Rossi's (except for the fronts sight of the CJ).
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I heard back from Andy at Skinner Sights and here is what he had to say… "Rossi uses something metric, I'm really not sure. If it was a standard English size it would be about 3-40."

I guess you will need to do a little searching. I hope you will post your results for others that might need the information!
Michael
GaryinOh

Post by GaryinOh »

Never did find out the the screw size for the CJ. I just put the front sight back on and used the rear sight screws to plug those holes.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report!
Michael