My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
SaltH2Odeprived

Re: My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

Post by SaltH2Odeprived »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:I can relate to the ,,,,butt plate extension y'all put on the back, Like these things are too short, but they gotta be ,,I guess.
I been shooting 100 yards with mine for 3 years, in fact I spent $200 in bullets and powder just trying to find a good load just for that. I shoot open sites, you know the little green and red ones,,,,,just standing there, no rest, no lawn chair, no scope, I can kill a basket ball at 100 yards any day, I shoot my dinger at 150, gotta aim high. hit it,,most of the time..
I ain't postin pics, mine is ,,,,boring, looks like it just came out of the box and got ran over by a heard of milk cows, it has had a lot of use.
One day may be I will customize it, then I will post more pics, you know all shined up. I just had it "Accurized" ($209 in machine work) :(
What was machined to improve the accuracy?
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Truth I didn,t expect accuracy to improve. i took it in as it had cylinder rotation issues with 45 Colts.
He said he had to correct my head space, clean up my cyinder and my forcing cone, all in the name of being able to cock the thing. And it all improved accuracy a bit.
I got a 2" pattern at 50 yards before, yesterday it could have been a freak accident, I was freaked out. At 141 feet, just shy of 50. i shot 3 targets, 4 Bullets touching in 2 of them, then I stuck a can in a tree at about 60 yards, carefuly aimed, hit it dead center. Now my 410 shoots low? Bout 4 inches 15 yards, I ran out of ammo. So I said, I had it accurized?. I would never promise his same combo would work in a nother one.

Thank you for your posts, I hope you are as happy as it sounds like you are. i cant recomend a Circuit Judge after the Cylinder issues I had. Reading all over the Internet seems many shooters have same issues.
in all I have only heard a couple say they were not happy with accuracy,
I have many rifles that will out shoot the judge, but I cant see how any one would expect to shoot like a high power, or target rifle. They are FUN!
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.