My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
retAFShooter

My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

Post by retAFShooter »

I had the CJ out at the range last Friday testing it with some new PPU and Wolf ammo. I was also using a new Caldwell Deadshot shooting stand. The CJ is becoming one of my favorite shooters. I only shot it at 50 yards on Friday, but intend to try it at 100 yards on Monday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetAFShooter
paperboy

Re: My new CJ is becoming a real good shooter

Post by paperboy »

Did you use a bore laser to site the scope, or did you do it the expensive way with lots of ammo?
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

No, I used the "clump of dirt on the backstop" method, with moderate use of ammo.
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetAFShooter
jdb

Post by jdb »

retAFShooter wrote:No, I used the "clump of dirt on the backstop" method, with moderate use of ammo.
LOL...yep. Heck, shooting the things are the whole fun of it. If I have to shoot 5 or 6 rounds to get her zeroed...that's just part of the fun to me.

Me, I shoot one or two into something BIG at 10 yards to make sure it's on the paper, make any large adjustments that might be required and then bench up and start zeroing in. With the 92 I got a few weeks ago, the first shot was 6"s or so low and 2"s or so left. I counted the clicks, took a big swing at it, shot a couple more and adjusted again. The 5th, 6th and 7th shots made a clover leaf inside the bullseye. Needless to say I called it good. ;~)

By the way, I love your Judge, Air Force. There is a cap and ball version of the gun that I have always wanted and never got. Not sure why, just didn't get high enough on the list I guess. But a Judge in 44 mag? Yep, THAT may make the list! ;~)

Heck, I just almost bought a 12" Ruger Super Red Hawk and mounted a rifle stock on it I like the concept so much. Ended up going with a plain ol' Red Hawk for the weight, but I actually did think about it. Love the concept of the gun and yours looks like a beauty.

Are they gate load single actions or are they double actions you can use speed loaders with?
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Khanburykhan

Post by Khanburykhan »

Ditto!! Recently bought a CJ. I very much enjoy it (and the attention it gets here in California). I do think it's the sort of carbine that will shoot very much better with customized hand loads. Been working up some. :D
DennisH

Post by DennisH »

Very nice.My wife has the Circuit Judge with synthetic stock in 45 colt. Very accurate at 50 yards at alot of fun to shoot.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Nice looking gun and good shooting retAFShooter! I'm kind of like jdb - I like to shoot one shot at 25 yds to guarantee I'm on the paper. If I am, I make sight adjustments to put me dead on that 1st hole, and I'm ready to go at longer range. (With some slight elevation adjustments of course.)
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Lookin good.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
willf

Post by willf »

Nice photo of a cool set-up, I'm jealous, thx.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I can relate to the ,,,,butt plate extension y'all put on the back, Like these things are too short, but they gotta be ,,I guess.
I been shooting 100 yards with mine for 3 years, in fact I spent $200 in bullets and powder just trying to find a good load just for that. I shoot open sites, you know the little green and red ones,,,,,just standing there, no rest, no lawn chair, no scope, I can kill a basket ball at 100 yards any day, I shoot my dinger at 150, gotta aim high. hit it,,most of the time..
I ain't postin pics, mine is ,,,,boring, looks like it just came out of the box and got ran over by a heard of milk cows, it has had a lot of use.
One day may be I will customize it, then I will post more pics, you know all shined up. I just had it "Accurized" ($209 in machine work) :(
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.